Plant Custodian/Grounds Worker
Evolving Solution Services is a full services employment agency dedicated to helping businesses grow by matching the right talent to their specialized staffing or project needs, while providing rewarding employment opportunities for the individuals we place. Our mission is to support work environments where employees can thrive and be an active participant in the communities in which we live.
We are seeking a Plant Custodian/Grounds worker to perform routine semi-skilled and heavy manual work in the care and cleaning of facility buildings such as sweeping, vacuuming, stripping, waxing, mopping, and buffing floors using a variety of specialized custodial equipment including floor butters, carpet extractors, wet/dry vacuums.
This is a great opportunity to gain a variety of experience in custodial and grounds keeping, and has the potential for permanent hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and dispose refuse from interior and exterior assigned buildings;
- Prepare cleaning polishing materials appropriate for tasks. Clean and polish bright metal;
- Clean and disinfect restrooms and lavatories, refill soap, towel and tissue dispensers;
- Clean lobby entrance glass, drinking fountains, walls and woodwork, spot clean carpet and upholstered furniture, and dost off surfaces;
- Perform regular ground maintenance tasks such as mowing, trimming, etc;
- Operate light power equipment - golf cards, snow removal equipment, steam or high pressure water, and lawn mowers;
- Use hand tools such as hammer, screw driver, wrench, etc.
- Use fire hoses and other similar equipment;
- Refuel gas and change propane tanks on associated equipment;
- Unload trucks;
- Move furniture and boxes as needed;
- Store and put away tools and supplies when task is complete;
- May operate a forklift to unload trucks, move supplies, and empty trash dumpster;
- Keep work areas neat, clean, and safe
- Report repairs beyond capabilities to supervisor;
- Respond to emergency calls such as rain, snow, wind storms.
- Clean operating tanks, troughs, and weirs.
- Must have reliable transportation to facility;
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
- May be required to work weekends and holidays;
Employee is regularly exposed to outside working conditions and moving mechanical parts, and will also work around chemicals.
Evolving Solution ServicesLynchburg, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.