Residential New Construction Estimator
Evolvinc Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
We are currently looking for a Residential New Construction Estimator. The right candidate will be responsible for assisting the purchasing department for new home construction of single family and townhome residences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Estimate new plans, elevations, and options.
- Adjust materials for plan changes, take off updates, and community specific needs.
- Support the construction and sales teams in calculating custom option plan changes.
- Conduct frame walks for all new prototype plans to verify materials and record red-line changes to the plan.
- Communicate with suppliers and trades to acquire updated pricing and source new items as needed.
- Assist in calculating labor for trades and vendors.
- Develop and maintain plan take-offs and labor budgets for all new single-family homes, townhomes, and subsequent options in accordance with construction documents and specifications.
- Ability to read and interrupt all relative construction documents inclusive of architectural plans, structural plans and supporting documents.
- Monitor, verify and update all take-off change requests.
- Work closely with the field construction team to resolve estimating problems on all new and existing plans.
- Participate as a team-oriented fast-paced production environment alongside with the architectural and purchasing staff members.
- Ability to perform several tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, scheduling, and follow-up capabilities with both internal and external customers.
- Create and maintain item numbers in Brix and PlanSwift.
- Help resolve EPO’s if quantities or square footage variances are occurring.
- Review each start and redline any discrepancies.
- 2-3 years as a residential estimator with increasing responsibility.
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in BRIX
- Team player who can communicate effectively with others.
- HS Diploma or GED
- College coursework in Construction Management preferred
Field experience is a plus.
Powered by JazzHR
ConstructionView all jobs at Evolvinc