Job Captain I (Corporate Office Interiors)
- Posted: over a month ago
(Include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of technical documents.
- Offers guidance in overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts and policy matters.
- Accurately estimates hours, scope of work and prepares project-based work authorizations for review with Project Manager.
- Reviews code requirements and city requirements for each project and coordinates with Project Manager and Designer to implement and meet requirements.
- Understands exiting and ADA codes.
- Possesses working knowledge of navigating through the city for the plan check process.
- Has diverse knowledge of architectural principals and practice, uses advanced techniques and is responsible for finished plans, specifications and material approval.
- Has the capability to space plan in front of a client up to 3,000 SF.
- Participates in the construction administration of project assignments, including quality control.
- Acts independently regarding architectural and design methods.
Communication and Collaboration
- Clearly communicates and provides appropriate direction to General Contractor(s) and Subcontractor(s) regarding discrepancies in the field and collaborates with Project Manager to determine successful solutions.
- Communicates effectively with clients, actively striving to maintain a strong, positive relationship with each contact.
- Proactively works with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Working knowledge of customer service and customer relationship management (CRM).
- May mentor a small team of drafters/designers on a project basis.
Process Development and Coordination
- Provides project team coordination for the finished plans, specification, and material selections required for construction.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines and consultants to meet overall project objectives.
- Conducts extensive research, coordination, documentation and submission of all plan check corrections with applicable city agencies and engineers.
- Conducts extensive research on requirements for vendors such as A/V, cabling and security to correctly document required infrastructure in construction documents.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or Bachelor’s of Architecture (B.Arch) from college or university or five to eight years progressive relevant experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate interiors preferred.
- Strong skills in Revit, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp. 3DMax is a plus.
Powered by JazzHR
ConstructionView all jobs at Evolvinc