- Posted: over a month ago
Full Job Description
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR: CRYOGENIC ENGINEER
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Cryogenic Engineer. The client currently operates more high-pressure cryogenic hydrogen pumps than all other companies in the world combined! In this challenging position, you will work independently to analyze, research, and improve all aspects of this technology. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with the ability to proactively plan their daily work schedule.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Analyze the source of hydrogen loss from production, delivery, and operation of hydrogen refueling stations.
· Reduce hydrogen losses through implementing new strategies for operation
· The design and development of Cryogenic Equipment, improvement of existing equipment, and the support of manufacturing said improvements. FEF’s network of hydrogen stations depends on LH2 pumps. FEF must improve performance and reliability.
· Collaborate with hardware engineers to derive design choices from system requirements, translate these design ideas into manufacturable CAD models, and work with manufacturers to ensure manufacturability.
· Collaborating with the design team to Maintain drawings, full-system models, Bill of materials (BOMs) for cryogenic assemblies, and related documentation.
· Direct and train field technicians with assembly procedures, including troubleshooting, streamlining, and documenting procedures for products.
· Performing engineering calculations related to cryogenic and pumping analysis.
· Cryogenic Pump Engineer will be responsible for the disassembly and rebuilding of cryogenic pumps, performed by a team of hands-on professionals.
· Professionally interact with Project Managers & Engineers to successfully repair or install equipment in-house or at the station site.
· Responsible for assembly of Cryogenic Pump Components as well as other tasks as assigned
The requirements listed here represent the knowledge, abilities, and physical demands required in this role:
- Fit, align, and adjust all components, including bearings and seals, and document all clearances on assembly for review and approval of engineering.
- Check work to ensure conformance to specifications and work instructions per SOP procedures.
- Troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, and reworking parts as necessary
- Follow all Quality, Engineering, Sales, and Safety Procedures.
- Ability to carefully disassemble used pumps and equipment and analyze the condition of parts for possible causes of damage by operation in the field and improve reliability and customer service
· Support ongoing station reliability improvement.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Minimum BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or a related field.
· 7 + years in Engineering preferred with a specialty in cryogenics preferably hydrogen
· Able to work in a dynamic team environment.
· Familiarization with design to codes and standards.
· Knowledge of us of various software or plots to understand the state of matter due to heating, compression, pumping, and cooling (ex-phase diagram)
· Proficiency in MS office.
· Excellent communication skills.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSanta Ana, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Evolvinc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?