Evolver is seeking a Sales Development Associate – Legal Services to work in Reston, VA.
The Sales Development Associate will promote and sell Evolver’s flagship eDiscovery SaaS and Managed Services platforms and native excel redaction tool XLerator along with our consulting services to law firms and corporations entities. Using a consultative and solutions based selling approach, the Sales Development Associate will utilize a combination of coordinated email campaigns and outbound telephone calls to prospective customers to meet and exceed sales targets.
Join a growing team that helps lawyers and in-house corporate counsel effectively gather and analyze their data for investigations and litigation in finding the information they need to win cases. You will be part of an agile and dynamic company that is setting the standard for legal information retrieval and management. Your mission will be to develop relationships within corporations and targeted law firms, identify and conduct discovery on opportunities, drive opportunities to closed business, and maintain the ongoing business relationships.
- Create and leverage a strong network of high level contacts in corporations and target law firms for generating sales opportunities
- Develop opportunities through cold-call prospecting, leads driven via webinars, email promotions, trade shows and events, web enquiries and phone enquiries etc. using consultative sales skills
- Prospect and/or uncover sales opportunities in target accounts
- Identify new opportunities through research, networking and other tactics and qualify them
- Position Evolver’s eDiscovery services with a focus on value for consideration in qualified opportunities
- Conduct discovery on the prospect and the opportunity to discover needs, objectives, product and/or service opportunities and fit
- Work hand-in-hand with VP of eDiscovery and Business Development and Marketing team to advance the opportunity and drive to close business opportunities
- Work with VP, Directors, Business Development team to respond to RFPs and create SOWs.
- Deepen relationships with key stakeholders and maintain a healthy working relationship so as to further business opportunities with the stakeholder, their outside counsel or firm, and other referrals
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets
- Create account plans, territory plans, engagement strategies and sales strategies and execute on such strategies
- Ensure administrative compliance with company sales policies, such as updating opportunities in CRM
- Be viewed as an expert in the field of eDiscovery and litigation services
- Maintain knowledge of trends within markets and industries
- Recognize and address sales barriers
- Attend industry events, as required
- 4+ or more years of eDiscovery sales experience Clear understanding of the end-to-end litigation lifecycle.
- 2+ year of experience in high-volume outbound sales prospecting strongly preferred; experience with telephone marketing or telephone campaigning/fundraising experience acceptable as well
- A self-starter with a track-record of successfully selling full-scale eDiscovery and Managed Services.
- Proven discipline developing and effectively executing detailed target account plans, penetration strategies and pipeline management strategies.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in selling Managed Services along with Transactional projects to law firms and corporations.
- Demonstrated success developing relationships with and selling to corporate counsel and/or law firms
- Knowledge of EDRM, eDiscovery, litigation support, Information Governance, GDPR, privacy, content/document management or related technology desired
- Have a hunter mentality
- Preexisting client base of law firm and corporate contacts.
- Experience meeting minimum call volume targets and/or talk time goals in a recent role
- A demonstrable and documented track record of predictably, consistency, and the over-achievement of revenue targets.
- Proven experience concurrently managing selling-cycles of varying length.
- Proven track record of finding, closing and maintaining business in new and existing accounts
- A flexible approach to communication; able to adapt message quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise, polish, and relevance.
- A highly intelligent and energetic executive attitude with the ability to quickly assess business situations and act in an informed and decisive manner to drive required results.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to articulate complex subject matter to non-technical audiences in a concise and compelling manner.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; the drive to build and grow a dynamic and vibrant business.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Must have a B.S. or B.A. college degree
- eDiscovery: 3+ years
- Business Development: 3+ years
Travel: 25% - 50%
Training and Certifications: Training and Certifications:
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Able to obtain CEDS: Certified eDiscovery Specialist