IT Operations Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Evolver is seeking an Operations Manager / Deputy Program Manager to lead a team of 32 (3 team leaders) IT professionals on a federal support services contract. The contract includes aspects of IT support including Tier 2/3 Service Desk Support, Laptop Imaging and Deployment, Inventory and Asset Management, VIP (White Glove) Desktop Support, Training, and Quality Assurance. This position also serves as the Deputy Program Manager and works in close collaboration with other teams and client staff to advance support objectives including efficiency, customer satisfaction, and overall effectiveness of IT resources.
This an essential position and requires work on-site Monday through Friday in Washington, DC (next to Smithsonian Metro) with occasional travel to other offices in Virginia and Maryland. You and your co-workers will adhere to CDC-approved COVID-19 guidelines while on site.
Manages the day-to-day operations of Laptop Imaging and Deployment, Telecommunications, Inventory and Asset Management, and VIP Desktop Support including the management support personnel.
· Responsible for hiring, evaluating, scheduling, and mentoring staff
· Manage and complete work plan objectives and special projects
· Achieve high quality operations that meet Service Level Agreements resulting in high customer satisfaction levels
· Work with the Program Manager to improve customer service standards through process improvements, work instructions, and training
· Work directly with end users when incident, request, or problem escalation is viewed as necessary
· Contribute to the production of weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting for the client.
· Respond to issues and address challenges to contract success as well as proactively identify and mitigate risks
Assist in proposal development when needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Great communicator to ensure good leadership, but also enhanced relationship with customer representatives
· Must be a critical thinker who is detail-oriented, organized, and can work under tight deadlines.
· Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
· Knowledge of hardware asset life cycle management processes
· Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills with the highest levels of internal and external management
· Working knowledge of Help Desk Institute (HDI) and ITIL Service Delivery best practices
· Have previous government contract experience
· Working knowledge of Service Delivery performance metrics
· Familiarity with PMI PMBOK and/or Six Sigma practices
· At least 5 (Five) years’ experience in a lead position for customer support operations for federal government contract chartered with large scale, multi-faceted IT support
· At least 5 (Five) years’ experience with Remedy IT ticketing software, including the ability to create ad-hoc reports, and manage work/ticket queues
· At least 5 (Five) years’ experience in a Windows 10, MS Office 365 including supporting workstations and laptops
· Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science, engineering, or information systems or 8 years of equivalent experience.
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) Service Delivery certification
- ITIL Service Delivery Certification
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
At Evolver, we foster teamwork, growth, individuality, and entrepreneurialism. We value employee opinions and encourage them to make a difference by getting involved and being thought leaders. As a part of the Evolver team, we actively promote a working and learning environment that supports a highly qualified workforce and a quality of work life that is based on trust and respect for all employees resulting in a healthy and trusting organizational culture.
Evolver, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Evolver offers a comprehensive benefits plan including (but not limited to): medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life, AD&D and short term and long-term disability insurance.
TechnologyView all jobs at Evolver
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?