Construction Engineering Electrical Estimator
Evolver Manassas, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Construction Engineering Electrical Estimator/Engineer to join our team. This individual will work with the eVigilant project teams to facilitate RFI’s and designs on a per project basis as well as the engineering team to review and understand construction document sets, perform power system studies, review/create bill of material lists, and assist with electrical as-built drawing reviews. Additional to the normal day to day operations this individual will assist in developing code-compliant construction documents with accuracy and speed.
· This position must be able to assist in developing and designing electrical construction proposals based on customers RFP/SOW, assist CAD designers to develop the drawings with speed and accuracy. Drawings include site plans, one-line diagrams, electrical risers and schematics, electrical details, specifications, load calculations, and sequence of operations.
· Create RFI questions to be used during the bid processes to ensure complete understanding of client expectations for upcoming projects.
· Review Bill of Materials and provide recommendations and pricing to increase accuracy of job as well as the bottom line.
· Review technical aspects of contracts won, which, as a minimum, address, realism and credibility for execution of proposed labor hours, equipment and material requirements, proposed schedule, bidder management approach, and technical approach.
· Must be able to assist project management on specific projects as it relates to the electrical aspects.
· Ability to perform power systems studies to include coordination studies, short circuit studies, and arc flash studies.
· Assembles and reviews O&M manuals, close-outs packages and submittal packages for customer approval.
· Assembles and reviews permitting packages including construction drawings, drafting letters, transmittals, and having the engineer sign and seal documents as required.
· Perform problem solving for field construction issues.
· Perform site walks pre bid for site accuracy.
· Perform periodical site visits during project installation to ensure accuracy of installation or corrective actions as necessary.
· Create and apply written electrical safety procedures that will be used on specific projects as well a company standard.
Experience and Education:
· Experience working on large-scale construction electrical engineering projects.
· Experience working with switchgear, panel boards, transformers, electrical diagrams, and other related electrical design concepts.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Construction Management preferred. In lieu of a degree, we will consider applicants with a High School Diploma or associates degree and minimum 5 years of experience designing electrical power systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience in power system modeling (coordination studies, short circuit studies, arc flash studies)
- Experience ensuring compliance with safety, OSHA, ANSI, Federal Acquisition Regulation and other project-related rules and regulations
- Experience working with fire alarm and physical security systems preferred.
- Experience working with the transportation industry highly desired.
- Experience with low voltage security and camera systems, design, installation, and maintenance preferred
- Experience with conduit infrastructure installation and design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Working knowledge with National Electric Code (NEC), IEEE design standards, and guides.
- Proficient with Adobe and Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel. Teams and Outlook.
- Must be able to pass a background check for federal agencies for specific project support.
- Ability to work with Project Managers to ensure proper installation of electrical systems.
- Ability to perform site visits and construction meetings for data gathering, installation instruction, and client reporting.
- Northern VA (Preferred)
Prefeed::a valid electrical license for VA, MD (at least one county), and Washington DC
- United States (Required)
eVigilant, a Converged Security Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Evolver, a Converged Security Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Evolver, a CSS Company, we foster teamwork, growth, individuality and entrepreneurialism. We value employee opinions and encourage them to make a difference by getting involved and being thought-leaders. As a part of the team, we actively promote a working and learning environment that supports a highly qualified workforce and a quality of work life that is based on trust and respect for all employees resulting in a healthy and trusting organizational culture. Evolver, a Converged Security Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
ConstructionView all jobs at Evolver