Registered Psychiatric Nurse
EvolvInc Saint Paul, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job responsibilities :-
- Provides exemplary care for patients in accordance with Addiction & Mental Health Principles of Care.
- Responsible for the provision of quality, holistic, and specialized nursing care for adult patients with complex mental illnesses.
- The RPN provides safe, evidence-based therapeutic interventions, completes assessments, plans, organizes treatment /therapeutic interventions, and documents & evaluates interventions.
- Model professional leadership, and provides decision-making support by collaborating and delegating within the inter-professional team.
- Play a leadership role in supporting an integrated approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance.
- Provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being.
Required/Preferred Qualifications :-
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider.
- Minimum 3 years of recent (within last 5 years) mental health nursing experience with demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability in the care of patients with concurrent disorders.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification.
- Post basic education in Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Illness.
- Current or recent experience in Emergency nursing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application of the National Mental Health Act, and of key components of a comprehensive addiction and mental health assessment.
- Knowledge of risk assessment and management, including knowledge of trauma informed care and alternatives to seclusion and restraint, and associated risks.
- Excellent assessment and communications skills.
- Knowledge and practice of safe and secure environment for patients/families/teams by listening, discussing, exploring, clarifying and acting on their concerns, needs and priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to crisis intervention and conflict resolution.
Powered by JazzHR