Registered Nurse (Radiation Oncology)
EvolvInc Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Roles & Responsibilities :-
- Drafts and monitors patient care plans.
- Observes, records and communicates patient's condition.
- Acts as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Takes note of and executes physician and nursing orders.
- Evaluates and coordinates with members of the healthcare team, the patient's discharge planning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care in conformance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Attends tumor boards and conferences.
- Understanding of Practice Interventions for caring of outpatients.
- Keeping current with chemotherapy, and learning about new targeted therapies and surgical approaches.
- Maintaining expertise specific to skin care, radiation safety, and phlebotomy skills.
- Knowledge in closer monitoring of nursing interventions for the elderly.
- Be able to distinguish between the effects of aging & those of radiation, and to explain to patients what to expect during therapy and at follow-up visits.
- Critical thinking skills to care for patients, whether they are having acute side effects or dealing with long-term sequelae.
- Certification in Oncology Nursing.
- BLS Provider Certification credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA), obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- RN credentials from the Illinois Board of Nursing, obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Benefits offered :-
- significant professional opportunities
- career advancement potential
- comprehensive training
- competitive wages
- paid time off
- medical plan
- dental & vision
- prescription drugs
- flexible spending
- disability plan
- life insurance
- employee assistance
- retirement plan
- 8 year-round holidays
- wellness programs
- equal employment opportunity
Powered by JazzHR