Evolvinc Prescott, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
The Recreation Therapist is assigned to the Recreational Therapy section in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department.
Role & Responsibilities :-
- Provides treatment interventions including the four-step process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient treatment services.
- Directs patient care and receives guidance from higher-level or supervisory staff members.
- Demonstrates an advanced competency, which qualifies him/her to perform patient evaluations and treatment procedures independently on patients with a variety of complex diagnoses and disabilities.
- Responsible for developing and organizing administrative recreation/creative arts therapy programs to provide therapeutic interventions to patients in various programs.
- Develops individualized treatment plans with measurable therapeutic goals and objectives.
- Constructs appropriate evidence-based recreation therapy interventions for treating patients with complex medical or mental health issues such as Polytrauma, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Substance Use Disorder/Addictions, Serious Mental Illness, and Hospice/Palliative Care.
- Review recreation therapy consults and conduct comprehensive evaluations.
- Recommends adaptation, modification, and/or assistive technology to meet the assessed needs and preferences in recreation therapy.
- Education or Degree recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from an accredited school, college, university, or institution.
- Bachelor's or Higher Level Degree in therapeutic recreation, art therapy, dance therapy, or music therapy OR a Bachelor's or Higher Level Degree in a related field involving therapeutic emphasis or concentration that includes a combination of abnormal psychology, physiology, human anatomy and development, and/or disabilities and general recreation.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Completing an online on-boarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Program development and administrative aspects of patient treatment
- Knowledge and ability in diversified recreation/creative arts therapy treatment services; principles and techniques in recreation therapy assessment and the treatment of recreation, leisure, and biopsycho-social functional deficits.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to adapt assessment tools and treatment interventions
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning
- Independently interpret provider referrals and consults, and apply all health and safety regulations to minimize and mitigate risks in the provision of patient care
- Screening and evaluation techniques required to appropriately provide direct patient care
- Applying evidence-based and best practice therapeutic techniques and interventions
Physical Requirements :-
Regular and recurring physical exertions such as walking, bending, moderate heavy lifting, positioning severely disabled patients, assisting patients in locomotion.
Work requires specific, common physical characteristics and abilities, such as above average agility and dexterity.
Work Schedule :-
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Powered by JazzHR