Our multi-disciplined architectural, engineering, surveying, and construction services firm is seeking a Managing Architect with experience in planning, designing, and producing architectural projects. This position will lead a multi-disciplined group at our office in Penfield, New York.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a multi-disciplined architectural group of 6-8 professionals as Profit Center.
- Assign tasks and review work to ensure design adheres to best architecture design practices.
- Perform quality assurance and control.
- Develop and implement architecture standards.
- Ensure on time delivery of services.
- Design, as needed, to meet deadlines.
- Respond to RFPs.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Monitor the budget throughout the design process.
- Market group services to schools, healthcare facilities, and state agencies.
- Conduct site visits.
- Respond to RFIs.
- Mentor junior architects and interns.
- Assist with recruiting professional staff.
- Collaborate with management division growth.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and other team members.
- 5+ years of experience as a Lead Project Architect.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- 15+ years of experience in planning, designing, and producing Architectural projects for healthcare, schools, offices, and institutional buildings.
- Licensed Architect in New York (multi-state licensed, preferred).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.