Our company is a global leader in manufacturing and designing highly reliable connectivity, power, and control solutions for aerospace, defense, space, and industrial applications. We have served these industries for over 50 years, providing optimal solutions for efficiency, reliability, and performance. Our brands include Beta Transformer Technology Corporation, National Hybrid Inc., North Hills Signal Processing Corp., Pascall Electronics Ltd., and XCEL Power Systems Ltd. We have manufacturing operations in New York, California, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
We are currently seeking an ATE Software Engineer to provide TPS SW development for multiple business units, including DataBus, Power Control, and Motion Control. The ideal candidate will have a strong Electrical Engineering background and the ability to design, develop, and deploy complex C/C++ and Visual Basic test applications. We are looking for someone with expertise in Commercial Instrumentation, Military Interface protocols, and high performance data acquisition and control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide hardware support for Signal Generators, Switches/Relays, Function/Waveform Generators, Data Acquisition and Control Systems, DMMs, High Voltage P/Ss, Analog I/O, Digital I/O, National Instruments PXI/VXI.
- Conduct Test Method/Solution Development, Test Plan/Procedure/Requirements Development, Data/File Transfer, Distributed I/O, Testability, Schematic Interpretation, Equipment Specification Review and Selection, Digital Communications, Hardware Driver Development, Software Driver Development, Engineering Development Support Equipment, Production/Manufacturing Test Equipment Support, Qualification Support, Verification Test Support.
- Perform troubleshooting and failure mode analysis, digital communication, timing synchronization, and closed loop feedback.
- Coordinate development of Standard Platform and Common Test Executive tools.
- Train and mentor Junior Engineers.
- Collaborate with program teams and customers.
- Prepare and present technical packages and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- Test Equipment SW development experience.
- Able to generate high quality test sequences, validation sequences, calibration sequences, and test reports, as well as, estimates, design review material, and professional presentation packages.
- Competency in conventional test instrumentation and VXI / PXI technology.
- Software knowledge in VB6, VB.Net, C/C++, Word/Excel Automation, SQL, SQL Automation, Visio, AutoCAD, Altium/Orcad, Adobe Acrobat.
- Interface Protocol Knowledge; IEEE-488, I²C, SPI, USB, 1553, CAN, RS-485/422/232, Serial, TCP/IP, Ethernet, J-TAG
- Product Knowledge; Hybrid Technology, Power Control Systems, Digital Databus Components, Resolver / Synchro Components, Memory Components