Mechanical/HVAC Design Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Evolution is the world’s leading provider of video-streamed Live Casino solutions, delivering world-class live dealer gaming to our licensees, which include many of the world’s best-known gaming brands and now looking for talent like you to join us in our Evolution!Job Description
The Mechanical/HVAC Engineer will work under the HVAC Engineer Project Manager to provide planning, support, design and supervision of the company’s HVAC, Water and Sewage systems. This individual will support projects related to new construction builds, rebuilds of current office and studio space, and other small scale projects as assigned.
- Provide support and coordination to consulting engineers. Work together on solutions to overcome design obstacles.
- Perform HVAC loads calculations. and water and air distribution systems sizing calculations.
- Perform equipment selections compatible with the existing building systems and project needs.
- Prepare specifications for mechanical/HVAC equipment.
- Capable of developing design documents, including ventilation, piping and instrument diagrams and layout drawings.
- To provide planning, support, design and supervision of the company`s HVAC systems in various Evolution locations across the world.
- Communicate directly with design team to understand project requirements, goals, design specifications, and operational environments to evaluate cost, feasibility, and implementation of new Water/Sewage equipment.
- Provide timely feedback and information to consulting teams, ensuring they have all they require to meet project deadlines.
- Review submittals / RFIs and any other project related documents necessary to the construction phase.
- To manage or supervise specialists and sub-contractors working with the company`s HVAC systems.
- Makes sure that all the HVAC engineering deliverables are following the project and other relevant regulatory requirements and that it meets with the approved specifications.
- Analyze HVAC systems and equipment when necessary to find inefficiencies or malfunctions and create solutions to optimize performance and increase the efficiency of operation.
- Immediately notifying the persons in charge of the equipment and the users about any problem with the ventilation, cooling, water, power supply system’s, etc.
- Make an active contribution in the research and development efforts by understanding the HVAC advances that will match with the emerging technologies
- To monitor the execution of the developmental efforts and think of innovative ideas to build and design the HVAC Systems within the given budget and timeline.
- Perform other duties, as asked by the manager, which are related to this position, and which meet the qualifications.
- Replace colleagues during their vacations, sick leaves and other absences. Replacement takes place during working time, and it is not considered as additional work.
- Travel to office sites throughout North America to review site parameters, construction status and equipment installation.
- The employee is responsible for proper, high quality and timely execution of their job.
- The employee is responsible for timely risk evaluation and risk mitigation actions related to company HVAC Systems.
- Execution of job duties requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- At least 1-2 years proven experience in HVAC Design role in Consultant Engineer or architecture environments on commercial projects, residential or singular projects.
- Competent interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of Air-cooled chillers, VRF systems, Boiler, air handling units is a must.
- BMS and HVAC systems associated instrumentation & controls knowledge is required.
- Hands-on designing and sizing, water distribution and air distribution systems experience is required.
- HVAC design software skills experience (Autocad, Revit, Navisworks, design load tools, piping sizing tools, duct sizing tools).
- Understands HVAC, mechanical, plumbing codes.
- Experience in fire protection is a plus, but not required.
- HVAC designer and/or HVAC construction management certificate will be considered as a significant advantage
- High sense of responsibility
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide efficient, timely and quality solutions to Engineering team and managers.
- The ability to travel to different office sites throughout North America.
This position is an excellent opportunity to join the fast-growing Evolution team. We also offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Nationwide Employee Discount Program
- Full Training & Growth Opportunities
- Professional and personal development – for the right person there is opportunity for the role to grow in responsibility
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Job Type: Full-time
ManufacturingView all jobs at Evolution Americas