Evio Labs Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EVIO Labs is an industry leader working to protect public health and safety while supporting local cannabis and hemp producers and processors with analytical testing, product formulation, and educational services. Not only do we know chemistry, we know the cannabis and hemp industries. Our team consists of an ever-evolving team of scientists, researchers, engineers, educators, business owners and industry veterans. Our labs already serve thousands of cultivators, product manufacturers and dispensaries and retailers around the world.
We pride ourselves in maintaining a collaborative environment where our teams support and work together cohesively. We work hard, but we believe in having a good time doing it! This is a unique opportunity to join an ancillary services company at the front lines of the changing the cannabis and hemp industry and contribute to the ability of consumers to receive safe, clean cannabis. Be part of the EVIO family, and join our mission to improve quality of life through passion, science & innovation.
Reporting to the Laboratory Director, Laboratory Technicians prepare samples of plant, concentrate, and edible products for analysis. Lab work involves measuring and tracking samples, preparing sample dilutions, completing logs, maintaining hygienic lab conditions including washing labware. Technicians may also be required to interpret analytical data, prepare and review reports, work with the Laboratory Director to perform experiments and method validations. The lab technician will use software systems including Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), as well as office tools
Responsibilities and Duties
Sample Preparation for Analysis:
● The technician prepares samples in accordance with the associated method SOPs. The
following are tasks necessary for sample preparation:
Daily Opening Procedures:
● Temperature logs for refrigerators, freezers, and incubators (as applicable)
● Scale calibration verifications
● Stocking consumables
● Cleaning labware
● General tidiness throughout the lab space
For more advanced technicians, the following may be included in their daily tasks:
● Sample Analysis using HPLC, GC, GC/MS, etc.
● Sample Reporting
● Manage inventory and ordering of materials
● Other laboratory quality management tasks
This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities
may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice
Qualifications and Skills
Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor's degree in one of the chemical or biological sciences preferred
- At least 2 years of college coursework from an accredited college or university and at least one year of full-time, non-education related practical experience performing analytical scientific testing in an accredited lab required
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task, effectively manage changing priorities and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork and collaborate effectively on projects and tasks with supervisor and co-workers
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to gather information and develop solutions
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability toward assigned tasks and duties
- Ability to demonstrate professional, positive attitude toward assigned tasks, projects and colleagues
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industry preferred; Accredited laboratory environment requires strict adherence to safety and Quality Assurance protocols.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
- Background check required
Benefits and Perks
- Vacation, Health Benefits, Paid Holidays, Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at Evio Labs