About Evidence Action
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Our two flagship at-scale programs, Deworm the World and Dispensers for Safe Water, reached over 280 million people last year and have been named "top" and "standout" charities respectively by GiveWell in 2018, with Deworm the World being named a top charity for the sixth year in a row.
In addition to running these scaled programs, Evidence Action also leverages its unique Beta incubator to explore what interventions with initial evidence of impact might be suitable for massive scale up to become our next flagship programs.
Evidence Action has a presence across 10 countries, with major offices in Nairobi, Kenya; Delhi, India; and Washington,
The Staff Accountant will play an integral part in achieving the finance team's customer service and operational objectives. This position will work closely with the US and global finance and program teams to manage the US day-to-day accounting processes, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll. We are seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about accountability and the organization's mission. The ideal candidate has exposure to a cloud based accounting system, payroll processes, and accounting experience in a non-profit environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accounts Receivable: Enter receipts, make deposits, and code revenue from online fundraising platforms
- Accounts Payable: Enter invoices from vendors, expense reimbursement requests from staff and reconcile credit card statements for payment as well as schedule, print and mail checks for payments to vendors
- Coordinate US timesheet approvals and submit information to payroll service provider
- Prepare payroll for expatriates and third country nationals
- Update and maintain customer and vendor records
- Prepare wires, ACHs, and other electronic funds transfers using various online banking systems
- Process and review invoices and employee expenses for proper documentation, approvals, and allowable costs
- Assist with annual audit and preparation of financial documents as needed
- Assist with annual preparation of 1099s
- Filing records (electronically and physically) associated with accounting transactions
- Oversee employee credit card reporting
Key performance Indicators
- Accurate and timely recording of transactions in the GL
- Accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Accurate and timely processing of payments
- Compliance to organizational policies
The Staff Accountant will be a dynamic high-energy professional with at least two years of accounting experience. Experience with Intacct or other cloud-based accounting software is preferred.
The candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Ability to complete accounting transactions accurately and on a timely basis;
- Experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience;
- A passion for Evidence Action's core values, mission, and programs;
- Eagerness to learn and develop professionally;