Evidation Health is a new kind of health and measurement company that provides the technology and guidance to understand how everyday behavior and health interact. The volumes of behavior data generated from wearables and smartphones has opened up new ways to analyze individuals' behavior and health in real time. With a virtual pool of 3 million research participants, Evidation Health undertakes research for innovative biopharma and health care companies to transform how diseases are identified, treated, and monitored.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Big Data to join our Enterprise Data Engineering team. As aSenior Software Engineer you will be working on our Data Platform, coding in Python and React and using cutting-edge big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Airflow, Hadoop, and Jupyter to build out data pipelines, data lakes, full-stack applications, and analytics tools that scale on the cloud to empower data scientists to gather insights from billions of data points to improve health outcomes.
We have offices in Santa Barbara, San Mateo, and San Francisco, and are considering candidates for all three offices, as well as remote.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design scalable, high performance solutionsthat continuously handle terabytes of data and enable data scientists to analyze data at scale.
- Understand overall performance, and design around improving data performance using different technologies, algorithm efficiencies and infrastructure architecture.
- Work with customers to understand their needs. Develop and deliver products,that meet the customer's needs, in a timelymanner.
- Implement best practices and provide feedback to team members through peer reviews.
- 4+ years experienceobject oriented programming with Python or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with SQL databases(e.g., Postgres, MySQL, Redshift) and Distributed Datastores (e.g., S3)
- Experience working with large-scale Saas applications or distributed systems in the cloud (AWS or Google)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Work effectively in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- Take personal responsibility for driving initiatives forward and continually improving the product
- Quality-focus, ensuring proper test coverage for all the code you write
- Experience with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Your choice of computing equipment and gear
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people's lives