Store manager is responsible for maximizing sales to drive profitability. Leads, manages and organizes the store according to ET´s shared values, standards, policies and procedures along with the District team. Serves as manager on duty, manager of a department and support on the floor when needed in a Symbolic leader function.
Function Specific Activities
HR and Team Management
- Maintain staffing levels by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Follow up with management team to ensure proper training and staff assessment is being completed
- Ensure Assistant Store Managers on the team are fully capable of substituting in Store Managers absence.
- Perform timely and consistent performance reviews.
- Maintain store staff performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining, planning, monitoring, and appraising employees.
- Organize staff schedule to achieve the most cost effective coverage ensuring overtime is minimized and authorized.
- Create and act on plans for future people development needs within the store
- Maintain an overview of all Employee Relations responsibilities in the store to ensure a positive work environment
- Maximize opportunities for sales by use of merchandise and company reporting tools.
- Responsible for sales budgets and ensure all staff are aware of targets
- Maintain highest standards of Customer Service regarding complaints handling and after sales service.
- Liaising with the local community ensuring promotional activities (e.g. seasonal sales, advertising etc.) are prominent at branch level with the utmost impact.
- Plan and run sales promotions as needed.
- Study store trends and make appropriate suggestions to Area and/or Sales Manager
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing store and departmental sales records.
- Work with stockroom supervisor to ensure stock levels and product mix meet demands.
- Flexibility to work varied hours including late shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ensure and follow up on all activities concerning campaigns, promotions and sales activities in store
- Perform cash office operational functions
- Ensure proper staff planning according to budget, SPH and store needs
- Establish, monitor and follow up on sales goals, sales plans and sales budgets with District team to optimize profit
- Execute reductions, price changes and transfers
- Unload delivery truck, receive, open and unpack merchandise and label merchandise with security tags
- Follow and execute safety and security routines to prevent loss and guarantee employee and customer safety
- Have working knowledge and oversee use of all company systems in stores
- Provide direct customer service on the sales floor
- Lead by symbolic example mentoring staff in providing high-quality ET direct and indirect customer with the basic demands on the selling floor, in the fitting room and at the cash point
- Ring on the register, report and handle all required transactions, issue receipts and pack merchandise
- Work with the Management Team to perfect the customer’s journey with focused customer service training and best seller information. Assist Trainers with facilitating regular group training sessions.
- Ensure all merchandise information, bulletins, circulars and announcements/memos are communicated to employees.
- Ensure effective communication and encourage the exchange of ideas.
- Communicate relevant information, ideas and problems to Retail Directors and Marketing team
- Promote strong communication amongst the management team by liaising with other store managers.
- Ensure visual merchandising standards are maintained as set by the Marketing and Retail Management
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure the store is maintained to ET standards and be fully conversant with procedures required to achieve this.
- Ensure Associates are providing superior sales service in efficient cash handling and appropriate packing of merchandise.
- Ensure the company cash handling procedures are correctly and accurately adhered to.
- Establish and oversee plans, budgets and variable costs for store; work with comparable sales to last year, sales to budget and future sales trends to maximize profitability with the District team
- Accurate recording of sales figures
- Take responsibility for security of the store, stock and cash, and liaise with Area Manager or Sales Manager over potential problems.
- Maintain stock losses to a minimum (maximum of 1% of sales).
- Ensure maintenance issues are resolved efficiently.
- Oversee proper use of alarm system and ensure an authorized key holder is on premises during opening hours, and are fully aware of procedures.
- Ensure access to store, outside normal operating hours, is authorized and communicated to Retail Management.
- Ensure a safe and clean store environment.
- Comply with and enforce the Company’s Health and Safety policy and IIPP Manual.
- Ensure compliance with laws applicable to the retail industry
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of sales management experience in retail, luxury retail, or service related industry;
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred;
- Ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business;
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results;
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Industry awareness and strong business acumen;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills;
- Passion for the Fashion Industry;
- Flexibility to work a retail schedule which will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time