OUR STORY AND HOW YOU CAN HELP CONTRIBUTE
Everything But The House (EBTH) is a revolutionary marketplace, making it easier to find or sell secondhand goods, headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. EBTH was born out of a passion for helping people via a full-service approach to consignment; revolutionizing how homeowners, estate managers, dealers and collectors connect with a world of shoppers seeking rare and wonderful things. Each day the global auction platform unleashes an ever-changing assortment of art, jewelry, fashion, collectibles, antiques and more, all with a starting bid of $1.
EBTH aspires to be the first stop for secondhand online. We stand behind our work and offer every customer the “Uncommon Promise”. If we don’t uphold our end of the bargain, we’ll do our best to make it right.
We’re seeking a Gemologist to accurately evaluate and grade diamonds, gemstones and jewelry using gemological tools and industry-standard forms of testing. EBTH Gemologists should be comfortable relying upon their education and industry expertise to yield accurate evaluations.
This position is in anticipation of more growth and is an evergreen position. As such, the timeline to hire is unknown and will be as needed. If you are interested in this type of work we encourage you to apply and we will reach out when we are ready to move forward.
As a dynamic company, we move fast and seek to continuously improve – and while this will be a very demanding position, you’ll be surrounded by a passionate team of individuals who are dedicated to the common goal of drastically changing the way personal property is sold, bought and moved across the country – and we have a lot of fun while we’re doing it. We’re proud of our journey and we’re eager to share our story with shoppers, clients and consignors across the world!
Discover everything uncommon at EBTH.COM.
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING:
- Maintain a strong and decisive understanding of gemstones, diamonds and minerals.
- Utilize lab equipment to properly identify all gemstones and diamonds.
- Perform all key tests to determine proper assessment of any and all jewelry.
- The accurate grading of all gemstones and diamonds.
- Working swiftly, and with focus, to process multiple pieces per hour.
- Oversee, calibrate, and maintain all gemstone equipment for the lab on a daily or weekly basis.
- Minimize jewelry returns by providing accurate assessment and condition of jewelry and gems.
- Assess the need for and ensure jewelry receives cleaning as required.
- Collaborate with internal teams to correct any inaccuracies and update missing standards before items are live.
- Provide constructive, tone-conscious, professional feedback through the Senior Gemologist or Department Managers, as appropriate - in order to help the EBTH jewelry team continuously improve its standard of high-quality jewelry processing.
- Help to maintain a team culture of open and positive communication.
- Stay up to date on all gemology industry standards.
- Show willingness to flex into other areas based on business needs.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned, as necessary for the success of the business.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Accurately evaluate and grade diamonds, gemstones and jewelry using gemological tools and industry-standard
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a strong and decisive understanding of gemstones, diamonds and minerals.
• Utilize lab equipment to properly identify all gemstones and diamonds.
• Perform all key tests to determine proper assessment of any and all jewelry.
• The accurate grading of all gemstones and diamonds.
• Working swiftly, and with focus, to process multiple pieces per hour.
• Oversee, calibrate, and maintain all gemstone equipment for the lab on a daily or weekly basis.
• Minimize jewelry returns by providing accurate assessment and condition of jewelry and gems.
• Assess the need for and ensure jewelry receives cleaning as required.
• Collaborate with internal teams to correct any inaccuracies and update missing standards before
items are live.
• Provide constructive, tone-conscious, professional feedback in order to help the EBTH jewelry team improve its standard of high-quality jewelry processing.
• Help to maintain a team culture of open and positive communication.
• Stay up to date on all gemology industry standards.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Graduate Gemologist (GG, FGA, or DGA) with GIA-issued lab book available for reference.
- Five years or more of relevant experience and/or training; Education + equivalent experience considered.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and GoogleDocs.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and understand various computer systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization and follow up skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to work both individually and as a member of a team are necessary.
- Effective organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with keen ability to deal with detailed information.
- Skilled at interacting with employees at all levels within the organization.
We are not providing relocation for this position and are only accepting applications for candidates who are located in Ohio and/or the Cincinnati, OH metropolitan area.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States for EBTH. EBTH does not provide sponsorship at this time.
Powered by JazzHR
Everything But The HouseCincinnati, OH
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.