Everyday Kitchen Madison, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Restaurant Manager, Madison
Reporting directly to the Restaurant General Manager and working cooperatively with other departmental leaders as well as the Executive Chef and Events Sales Manager. The Restaurant Manager will be a team leader who consistently models a true passion for food and beverage, as well as an unrelenting drive to provide exceptional guest service and hospitality in a multi-faceted environment. They will lead the charge in creating in a service-forward, hospitality-focused culture across Lodgic Madison.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Upholds and models service standards and staff responsibilities.
- Conducts training of employees on proper service practices initially and ongoing, including regular and continuous training for all front-of-house service staff in daily pre-shift meeting to ensure continuing service performance improvement.
- Supervises and monitors front-of-house staff performance during scheduled shifts.
- Evaluates staff performance and provides feedback to improve.
- Ensures that cash-handling policies and procedures are followed by all front-of-house staff in cash-handling positions. Abides by all accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance.
- Participates in and/or takes lead in weekly leadership meetings.
- Utilizes company payroll system to edit and approve employee timecards.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a fine-dining or polished casual restaurant, including 2 years in a management position.
- Café experience a plus.
- Excellent customer service, leadership, and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrates in-depth food knowledge and advanced wine, beer, and spirits knowledge.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Events or hotel experience including execution of high-level catered events a plus.
- Excels at time management, interpersonal engagement, and in-depth understanding of restaurant operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, staff, and suppliers.
- Possesses strong financial management, math, and Microsoft Office skills.
- Proven working experience with restaurant management software and POS systems.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least ten hours.
- Fast-paced movements to go from one part of the facility to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, lift, up to 50 pounds on occasion, and 35 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch, and climb as required.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and personal time, and paid holidays.
- Medical (PPO), dental, vision, voluntary life, and short- and long-term disability.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan through Voya (safe harbor and company match after one year).
- 50% off shift meal, plus 25% off all non-shift food & beverage purchases (up to three guests).
- Complimentary coworking membership to Lodgic Workplace.
- Free enrollment and employee discount with Lodgic Kids Camp.
This job description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the Restaurant General Manager or Managing Director.
Each of our restaurants is helmed by a talented chef who makes the kitchen and the menu their own. We think of them as cousins, each with its own unique personality and reflecting the vibe of its local community. Our scratch kitchens mean that we are able to take advantage of the seasons and the best regional ingredients to offer up fresh, locally inspired menus every few months.
When comfort food gets creative and hospitality excellence meets delight, we believe that good things happen for diner and host alike. Come join us for a meal and make a connection at Everyday Kitchen; we can’t wait to meet you.
Everyday KitchenWhy Work Here?
Great perks, awesome benefits & give back while earning a paycheck!
At Everyday Kitchen, we find immense joy in creating superb food & beverage experiences infused with imagination and layered with delight. From the moment our chefs curate the finest ingredients to the final presentation of culinary and cocktail artistry at your table, our passion is serving up source-to-table excellence in every detail. Each of our restaurants is helmed by a talented chef who makes the kitchen and the menu their own. We think of them as cousins, each with its own unique personality and reflecting the vibe of its local community. Our scratch kitchens mean that we are able to take advantage of the seasons and the best regional ingredients to offer up fresh, locally inspired menus every few months. When comfort food gets creative and hospitality excellence meets delight, we believe that good things happen for diner and host alike. Come join us for a meal and make a connection at Everyday Kitchen; we can’t wait to meet you.
2801 Marshall Ct.Madison, WI