Manager, Counseling Services
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Want to make a difference? Come be a part of the amazing work EveryMind is accomplishing! Join our devoted and passionate Counseling team!
EveryMind is hiring a Counseling Services Manager to join our Youth and Family Services Division in Rockville, MD. This ideal candidate will report to the Director of Counseling Services and will be an integral part of the Youth and Family Services Division. The Counseling Services Manager will be responsible for providing clinical and administrative oversight to licensed mental health clinicians, clinical interns, and therapeutic recreation specialists within school- and community-based programs. The ideal candidate will be a member of the Youth and Family Services Management Team and will be responsible for day-to-day administrative and clinical supervision of assigned staff and programs. Our ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, have previous experience supervising mental health staff and programs, and be able to prioritize and multi-task while effectively working with a highly diverse group of staff.
Why Join EveryMind?
EveryMind is consistently recognized for being an excellent place to work, offering a positive workplace culture and a Competitive Compensation package that is meant to provide a great lifework balance.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Highly Competitive/ Advanced Base Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K matching benefit
- Highly Generous Leave Schedule ( Vacation, Sick, PTO, Volunteer days, Mental Health Days, Holidays, Birthday leave, and much more)
- Pay Increases
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral Bonus Program
- Sensible Caseload management
- Employee Discount Program
EveryMind is Strong and Keeps Growing
EveryMind is a growing private nonprofit with 125 employees across 20 locations. We have served the community for over 60 years by strengthening communities and empowering individuals to reach optimal mental wellness. As a trusted mental health resource, EveryMind offers programs and services that bring healing, hope, and wholeness to children, youth, adults, veterans, and families. EveryMind’s programs address a full spectrum of community needs through direct services, crisis prevention, and education. EveryMind positively impacts hundreds of area residents every week. Last year, EveryMind served 16,000 individuals in the region with 115,000 hours of direct support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees administrative and programmatic day-to-day operations for assigned programs.
a. Instills and maintains high level of programmatic professionalism.
b. Develops and monitors compliance with program policies and procedures via contracts, including documentation standards and procedures for managing all services for both individual and family engagement.
c. Reviews client charts alongside clinical supervisor and Director to ensure appropriate documentation.
d. Advises program staff in managing the successful execution of counseling services.
2. Guides all processes related to interviewing, hiring, and training of new staff members.
3. Monitors and evaluates administrative performance of direct reports through regular and consistent supervision and provides recommendations for staff development, discipline, and promotion.
4. Monitors contract compliance and quality assurance services including monitoring the use of budgets and conducting periodic audits of program records (e.g., client files, petty cash records, donor records, volunteer paperwork, etc.).
5. Consistently notifies Director of all activities, progress, and challenges. Identifies issues, offers recommendations, and communicates/implements program action plans. Provides feedback to Director regarding policies, training needs, staffing, and program management issues.
6. Ensures completion and submission of required reports. Supports program evaluation and outputs/outcome data, which accurately and thoroughly reflect impact. Maintains familiarity with data systems used for mental health billing (Credible), and case management, youth development, and therapeutic recreation services (eICM).
7. Develops and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders, including health and human services providers, utilizing strong communication and engagement strategies.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social work, or related field.
- At least three years’ experience providing social services to youth and families, preferably in school settings.
- At least one (1) years of experience providing management of human services professionals strongly preferred. Clinical experience and/or licensure preferred.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and strong knowledge of family systems modalities.
- Must be detail oriented and able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks while working effectively as a team player.
- Experience working with culturally diverse and underserved communities required.
- Supervisory skills, experience supervising remote teams strongly preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job's duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger dexterity, handle with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, kneel, crouch, or talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds frequently. The job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be available to perform the duties of the job mostly during core business hours (between 9-5pm, M-F), some flexibility with schedule may be available (evening and/or weekend hours). The primary office is in Rockville, MD; this position is currently hybrid. The employee must pass a criminal background check. Certain job functions may require employee to pass a child sexual abuse and other criminal activity as well as a credit check. All staff providing services to staff or clients, must be free of illegal drugs and abuse of alcohol, and must be fully able to perform all required duties at all times. The employee is also required to travel to different locations. Therefore, the employee must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. New hires must be fully vaccinated by the first day of work. (Accommodations may be made for Medical or Religious reasons). If not vaccinated employees must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. The option for weekly testing is only for certain positions. Please note that many EveryMind contracts and programs require Full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. If accommodations are needed please contact the HR Department.
1000 Twinbrook ParkwayRockville, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?