Information Security Analyst
EveryAction Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
*** Due to COVID-19, our offices are closed to in person staff, and this position will be work from home (WFH) until offices can reopen safely. This position is NOT a permanent WFH position. ***
EveryAction / NGP VAN is the leading technology provider to progressive nonprofits and Democratic campaigns. We are seeking an experienced Information Security Analyst to join the Security / IT Team. The position has the option to work from either our Washington, DC or Boston office alongside an experienced team and report directly to our Director of Security. You will work to support great clients such as Planned Parenthood, United Nations Foundation, AFL-CIO, and Rock the Vote.
Day to Day:
- Deploy, manage, and maintain security systems related to: access control, intrusion detection, virus protection, incident response, etc.
- Develop, implement, and maintain security processes, procedures, and guidelines that support the organization.
- Monitor server and firewall logs, scrutinize network traffic, review and update virus scans, as well as troubleshoot related systems.
- Analyze and resolve security events and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate manner, as well as conduct user activity audits where required.
What You’re Good At:
- Knowledge of security concepts such as the cyber kill chain and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience designing, implementing, and supporting vulnerability management, data encryption, data loss prevention, SIEM, intrusion prevention, anti-virus, and/or other security controls.
- Knowledge of various operating systems including but not limited to: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively. Strong attention to detail.
What Sets You Apart:
- 2 to 5 years of professional IT Security experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Information systems security professional certifications (CISSP, GSEC, GCFA, GCTI, CCSP, etc.)
- Proven track record of identifying needs and implementing solutions
- Experience running Security Awareness, Phishing, and other end user security training programs.
- Knowledge of the intricacies related to Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC): NIST, SOX, PCI DSS, and/or state privacy laws
- Familiarity with the Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC)
- Familiarity with political campaigns and issue advocacy organizations
EveryAction is a technology company whose team members do exciting and meaningful work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
EveryAction is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for nine years in a row.
We were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We've also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside about 250 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry recognized as experts in their fields.
EveryAction believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
The position offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package. EveryAction prides itself on being a progressive workplace; we have a fun and inclusive company culture, where we value teamwork, professional development, and work-life balance. Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter along with salary requirements through this site.
Powered by JazzHR