The Compounding Technician is responsible for compounding non-sterile preparations under the direct supervision of a pharmacist. Must be an organized, with strong time-management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects according to importance. Compounding pharmacy technicians follow strict safety and privacy procedures given the sensitive information and products they handle. This is a full-time position, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with a rotating Saturday schedule.
• Under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist, use specialized compounding equipment to weigh and record chemicals included in a formula and combine those chemicals into the appropriate form and dosage as requested by the prescription
• Thoroughly understand and follow all standard operating procedures for preparation of compounds
• Clean and maintain compounding equipment according to standard operating procedures
• Maintain lab area organization and cleanliness per Company standard operating procedures
• Monitor inventory levels
• Maximize time utilization by communicating work-flow fluctuations with the Pharmacist and team-members
• Follow the proper flow and documentation of prescription fulfillment at all times
• Follow quality control guidelines and report potential quality impairments to the Pharmacist
• Maintain licenses, registrations, and continuing education requirements
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Registered with the state of Florida
• Certified with the Florida Board of Pharmacy
• High School diploma/GED and at least 1-year experience in a compounding pharmacy.
• Strong math skills
• Capable of working with small delicate equipment
• Knowledge of basic principles, theory, laws, regulations and practices with respect to compounding