Field Service Engineer (Entry, Intermediate & Sr.) - Manassas, Virginia
- Posted: over a month ago
As the first and often the most frequent point of contact for our clients, you will have the greatest opportunity to influence the client's perception of Evertz. This position is a challenging yet rewarding mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills. You will be part of a high-energy team dealing with exciting customers and cutting-edge products both in-house and while on-site at our customers’ production studios and distribution facilities.
The primary function is to support Evertz Products and customers. This position will be located in the United States (Washington, DC, Northern Virginia & Maryland).
- Install product(s) or systems at customer sites and delivering training to customers in-house or abroad
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the customer’s product application, troubleshoot and diagnosis issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Systematic & detail-oriented troubleshooting, data collection and reporting while escalating issues
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback
- Co-ordinate customer/SI dealer inquires, inform sales managers of sales opportunities and manage all regional customer service related duties
- Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration and product integration with other manufacturer’s products
- College or University education in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Electronic Technician required
- Experience working in the broadcast environment, on-air broadcast operations, or equivalent
- Direct experience with server hardware, Linux OS and IT networking is an asset
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- Passion for technology and learning new software and hardware products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work alone with little or no supervision, being self-driven with a desire to add value to an energetic team
- Problem-solving ability while reacting to changing situations, & championing issues to resolution
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be eligible for international travel
Location: Manassas, VA, USA
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery. Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers. With over 1500 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Evertz Microsystems Ltd (“Controller”), which is located at 5292 John Lucas Drive, Burlington, Ontario, Canada and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Controller’s data protection officer is Nadiera Toolsieram, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s and its' subsidiaries' and affiliates' recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.
Powered by JazzHR
Evertz Microsystems Limited
EngineeringView all jobs at Evertz Microsystems Limited
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?