PURPOSE OF JOB
Under close supervision, inspect incoming materials, in-process production, finished products, and record the results. This position will require excellent communication skills within the team and to our internal customers, be a good team player and have a keen attention to detail. Requires the knowledge and ability to test computers and other consumer electronic devices.
· Inspect and approve incoming materials by confirming specifications or conducting a visual grade check, and rejecting unacceptable materials.
· Inspect and approve in-process production samples and finished products, by confirming required specifications, conducting visual grading and measurement tests, inputting the QC data into a computer and communicating the results to the Quality Control supervisor. Must be efficient and able to perform in a fast paced environment and changing priorities.
· Return sampled products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work and communicate the issues with the production Supervisor/Lead.
· Document and update inspection results by completing reports entered into a computer or paper forms.
· Maintain computer, test drives and audio equipment in good operating condition. Replace defective items as needed.
· Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
· Perform other job duties as assigned by the QC Supervisor
· Work authorization to work in the U.S.
· Excellent computer skills, including MS Office
· Experience with grading and testing computers and consumer electronics products.
· Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl under 1/3 of the time and climb or balance 1/3 to 2/3 of the time. This position requires sitting, using hands to finger, handle, or feel, reaching with hands and arms, and talking or hearing over 2/3 of the time. Must be able to lift weights ranging from up to 10 pounds up to 25 pounds over 2/3 of the time, 30 to 50 pounds 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, and up to 60 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
Wage based on experience
This is a full-time opportunity. All employment offers made by Evertek are contingent upon establishing proof of a prospective candidate's legal authorization to work in the United States and successfully completing all components of the pre-employment process which include but is not limited to: reference check, background investigation, credit check, and drug test.