The Assistant Store Manager role is responsible for supporting the Store Manager through maintaining company policies and operational processes. Primary duties include driving daily sales and profit results to meet/exceed budget, manage inventory accuracy, monitor safety programs, developing store associates to be successful, ensuring store standards are maintained, merchandising the sales floor to maximize the customer experience, and enhancing customer loyalty. This position is also responsible for actively recruiting/interviewing potential candidates, cash handling processes, bank deposits, and overall maintenance of the store. A successful Assistant Store Manager will be knowledgeable of company policies, communicate effectively, demonstrate the ability to develop the associates, make timely decisions and execute all responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
- Review sales floor daily for merchandising opportunities
- Review daily sales goals and motivate staff to meet or exceed sales goals
- Ensure all company policies and processes are executed at a high level
- Actively recruit, interview, and hire exceptional talent
- Support an environment of accountability and fairness
- Develop each store employee to be effective in their current role
- Ensure all safety requirements are validated and audits completed on time
- Ability to interpret sales reporting data to improve store performance
- Strong desire to exceed expectations to achieve both personal and financial success
- Ability to coach and develop staff to be effective in their current role
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal/communication skills
- Dedicated daily ownership of financial and performance goals
- Two years of experience in Retail Assistant Store Management or three years of related management experience
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including outside of normal business operating hours.
- Proficient with various computer systems/software such as Point of Sale, OUTLOOK, EXCEL and WORD.
About Direct Tools Factory Outlet
- 10 Days PTO and 10 paid holidays
- Full health and dental benefits
- A great work-life balance
Direct Tools Factory Outlet is owned by the same company responsible for manufacturing some of the world's best-known power tools, outdoor power tools, grills, hand tools, and more. This allows us to offer up to 75% savings on new, blemished and factory-reconditioned tools and products from brands such as RYOBI®, Hoover and Homelite®. And because Direct Tools Factory Outlet is the manufacturer, our customers are guaranteed quality products with extended warranties other outlets can't match.
“DTFO offers employees Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, Disability and Cancer insurance coverage.”
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other protected status under the law. EverStaff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO/GI)”