Clinical Recovery Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for laboratory and technical related aspects of eye/tissue donations (e.g., tissue recovery, tissue receipt, evaluation, case workup, tissue packaging and shipping). Performs recovery procedures, laboratory duties and other assignments as required in compliance with Eversight and EBAA Medical Standards and with state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform clinical duties including proper case documentation, tissue check-in, hospital chart reviews, consults with hospital and other organizations associated with the case, data entry, filing, packaging, and shipping tissue.
- Perform technical procedures as trained, including tissue recovery such as situ human eye enucleations, corneal excisions, or other ocular tissue recoveries, tissue evaluation, tissue preservation, rinses, trims, transfers etc. Make appropriate procurement determinations based on donor, medical and body inspection information.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external departments regarding logistics, case statuses and shipping arrangements.
- Maintain laboratory including keeping a sterile environment and ordering supplies.
- Complete accurate Midwire check-in, tissue labeling and serology ordering as needed.
- Observe strict confidentiality of donor and recipient information at all times.
- Weekend, holiday, night and on-call coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Personal vehicle is required
- Bachelor’s degree in biological science, human sciences or a related field strongly preferred.
- Preferred experience with the Aseptic technique
- Preferred experience with medical terminology
- Preferred experience with cadavers/deceased persons
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all staff within and outside of the organization, is essential.
- Must display a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with peers while fostering a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Special Employment Requirements Eligibility for EBAA technician certification will be determined on an individual basis.
- Proficiency in technical procedures after appropriate training as needed.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: Travel is required to various sites to perform recovery. Reliable transportation is needed. Work is performed in a laboratory setting or a patient care setting, such as a hospital operating room or morgue, with potential exposure to communicable diseases or hazardous materials. Travel to procurement sites is required. Turning of a donor of up to 400 pounds, pushing a stretcher/morgue cart with a body of up to that weight and/or lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required. The majority of time is spent standing and walking as well as lifting. Simultaneous use of both hands is required. Movements such as balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting, and bending are sometimes required. Audio, visual and verbal functions are vital aspects of this position. Limited noise, room temperature fluctuation and dust are possible. Routine use of computer. Use of personal vehicle is required when traveling within the service area. The work environment and physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why work with us?
Too many reasons to list them all, but to start, our mission is life-changing; our values of Service, Drive and Trust are embedded into our DNA; we have a supportive, fun, collaborative, engaging and dynamic culture; and we hire the greatest people so we get to work with the best!
Recently awarded Michigan Top Workplaces 2022 by the Detroit Free Press!
AddressSouth Plainfield, NJ
HealthcareView all jobs at Eversight
Get fresh Recovery Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.