Manager, Actuarial Services
- Posted: over a month ago
WHO YOU ARE
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being in a challenging environment. The thought of being a part of a company's growth from start-up to scale sounds like arduous work, but you're up for it! You want to be a part of a healthcare organization that is laser-focused on its patients and its employees. You want to be part of a team that wants to create the best possible employee experience. Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
WHO WE ARE
Evergreen Nephrology partners with nephrologists to transform kidney care through a value-based, person-centered, holistic, and comprehensive approach to kidney care. We believe patients living with kidney disease deserve the best care. We are committed to improving patient outcomes and improving quality of life by delaying disease progression, shifting care to the home, and accelerating kidney transplants.
We help nephrologists focus on the right patients at the right time across the full care spectrum. We do this by providing them with the best-in-class interdisciplinary clinical resources, analytical insight and tools, and services to patients.
We listen to the needs of our patients, our employees, and our client partners, continually working to push beyond the status quo in which the care system manages patients today.
As Actuarial Manager you will communicate effectively with all levels of the healthcare organization with the ability to develop solid client relationships through credible industry knowledge and relevant expert strategic advice. You will manage and apply resources to general actuarial service operations, guided by experience, organizational goals, and operational strategies. You will work on complex actuarial matters where analysis of issues, data, and processes requires advanced specialist knowledge and in-depth industry and technical knowledge.
- Manage a small team of actuarial or medical economics analysts
- Assist the actuarial, clinical, finance, and strategy teams with data analysis and modeling
- Collaborate effectively in a highly matrixed environment
- Design actuarial processes to optimize organizational efficiency
- Assist in designing and building claim analysis data tools to stratify large data sets across different financial and outcomes metrics to provide recommendations
- Assist in designing and building tools to help in trend projections, forecasting, Value Based Care modeling, and Medicare Advantage bid creation
- Succinctly communicate outcomes of various projects and analytics to teams across multiple verticals and members of the Interdisciplinary team
- Create sophisticated presentations in PowerPoint using advanced skill sets
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on, which makes you a match for our innovative culture
- You accept that things change quickly in a startup environment and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities
- 5 + years of experience in a team-based service environment
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics, or a related field is required
- Strong analytical and modeling skills using Excel
- Strong data analysis skills using SQL and/or SAS
- Ability to work independently and in a relatively unstructured manner
- Demonstrate genuine curiosity on the job when performing data analysis
- Excellent communication skills, you must be bold enough to speak up and ask for assistance when needed
WE'RE GOOD AT
- You will benefit from Evergreen Nephrology's exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at four weeks for full-time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- We are proud to offer family-friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements.
- We commit to a robust training and development program that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Evergreen Nephrology.
- As an inclusive and diverse team, you will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Evergreen Nephrology's high-quality, value-based care model.
Common characteristics of the people who comprise Evergreen Nephrology:
Smart, detail-oriented, mission-driven, entrepreneurial, and operates with urgency
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Evergreen Nephrology