Program Coordinator Assistant
- Expired: August 06, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team because, at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Position Description: Program Coordinator Assistant Reports To: Program Coordinator FSLA Classification: Non- Exempt Created: May 16, 2014 Revised: February 27, 2021 Job Summary
Responsible for assisting with the operations of one/two Supported Living homes under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and the general direction of the Area Supervisor/Executive Director. Essential Job Functions
- Schedules medical appointments and follow-ups
- Monitoring medications, which includes reviewing MAR’s to assure accuracy, ordering medications, and discarding unused or expired medications
- Coordinate/follow up with other professionals, i.e. PT, OT, SLP and Nutritionist.
- Follow-up with medical recommendations-also ensure Program Coordinator is award of any recommendations.
- Ensure that all medical forms are completed in full, before leaving physician’s office, i.e. physical, dental, consultations, lab reports, quarterly psychology reviews, etc.
- Ensure documentation of phone contacts with medical providers and other professionals.
- Ensure that all food, supplies, and equipment are properly stored and cared for, such as cleaning and medical supplies as well as proper maintenance of vehicles used for transportation of consumers.
- Ensure the home is clean and sanitary at all times, which includes care and maintenance of the home and grounds.
- Maintenance of Evergreen vehicles, i.e. cleaning, fuel, and routine maintenance of vehicles used for transportation, which includes oil changes, brakes, tires, etc.
- Assuring individual(s) served are free of abuse, neglect, and mistreatment, which includes making sure accident reports, incident reports and medication error reports are completed.
- Provide input to Program Coordinator regarding the performance of direct care staff.
- Working unscheduled shifts as needed at the request of Program Coordinator, or assisting the PC in locating suitable staff to fill shifts.
- Monitoring consumer petty cash, budget requirements and expenditures
- Ensure an appropriate amount of petty cash is kept in the individuals’ home and keeping track of receipts
- Monitoring individual spending
- Monitoring individual food stamps
- Review and complete written reports relating to the assign, which includes documentation checklist, weekly summaries, month reviews, etc.
- Ensuring that all policies, rules and regulations are followed and any violations are reported to the Program Coordinator.
- Monitor individual(s) served transportation requirements.
- Resolve problems at hand in the absence of specific instructions from management related to individual(s) served.
- Assist the Program Coordinator in maintenance, documentation of individual(s) served specific training.
- Any other duties required by the needs of the individual(s) served.
- A combination of education or experience equivalent to a two (2) year degree in one of the behavioral sciences or experience in supporting individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 applications. Aptitude to learn other software programs as required for this position.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
- Will supervise
Works in the individual’s home. Some travel will be required in your personal vehicle.
$200 sign on bonus after 90 days
Evergreen Life Services
HealthcareView all jobs at Evergreen Life Services