Occupational Therapist SELA PT
Evergreen Life Services Ponchatoula, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team because, at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Job SummaryThe incumbent is responsible for providing clinical occupational therapy services specifically designed to meet the needs of individual(s) served in the assigned caseload. The incumbent is responsible for determining methods of screening and evaluation and compiling results in order to design the occupational therapy treatment programs individualized to the specific dysfunction. This includes implementation of programs, fabrication of adaptive equipment, training staff and para-professionals in the specific techniques to be used in each individual program, and attending individual meetings to convey these programs and needs. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the selection, administering, and interpretive results of various individual screenings and assessments as well as the development and implementation of program services.
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, and directing of a specialized Occupational Therapy program.
- Responsible for the provisions of Occupational Therapy services to an assigned caseload of individuals.
- Provides direct treatment/intervention to assigned caseload of individual(s) served and documents/reports progress. Conduct annual assessments.
- Provides professional monitoring of Occupational Therapy services and programs. Updates programs at least annually and when changes are needed.
- Assist supervisor by providing input and collaboration in the development~ revision. And implementation of Occupational Therapy programs and services.
- Measure outcomes of treatment and conduct continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of practices and programs to improve and maintain quality of services.
- Attend and participates in assigned departmental/unit meetings and staffing.
- Provide in-service training to all professionals, medical, and direct care staff in regards to individual program needs and progress.
- Evaluate, design, and instruct staff on the fabrication of various orthotic devices and adaptive equipment; provides written justification for the purchase of new equipment.
- Attend outside training, seminars, and continuing education opportunities.
- Master’s level degree in related field from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Prior experience with the developmentally disabled population preferred
- Working knowledge of assessments, diagnosis, and treatment of various disorders
- Meet and maintain all requirements of the applicable state agency(ies), including good standing with state abuse and neglect registry
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 applications. Aptitude to learn other software programs as required for this position.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Occasionally assist consumers physically by lifting and positioning them as appropriate
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Regularly exposed to stressful situations
- Constantly on call to address program needs
- Represent Evergreen in public in a fashion that would reflect credibility and professionalism on the organization.
- Desire to work with people with disabilities and enhance their quality of life
- Demonstrate high moral standards so as to be a positive role model
Evergreen Life Services
HealthcareView all jobs at Evergreen Life Services