Direct Support Associate Ark FT
Evergreen Life Services Benton, AR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you answered yes to any of the above, you could be a great fit for a Direct Support Associate at Evergreen Life Services (Evergreen). As a Direct Support Associate, you will help individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities gain life skills, build confidence and live as independently as possible. You will make a difference every time you come to work.
Evergreen Life Services, Arkansas Division is currently in search for Direct Support Associates.
Position Description: Direct Support Associate (DSA)FLSA Classification: Non-ExemptReports To: Supervisor/Manager of Home or Day Program Supervisor
Responsible for maintaining a healthy, safe, and therapeutic environment for individuals served and following through on their individual plans of care.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the health and welfare of the individuals served
- Assist individuals served with medication and treatment plans as needed
- Assist individuals served in the care and cleaning of their home, including reporting of maintenance needs
- Assist individuals served with money management including budgeting, banking, and shopping
- Assist individuals served with daily life activities such as: meal preparation, reading usage, use of telephone, use of community services (post office, mass transportation), housekeeping, clothing care, self-care, and personal hygiene
- Make food and non-food purchases for the home when requested
- Prepare meals
- Ensure the maintenance of the home and grounds are done as requested
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with applicable state agency(ies) and Evergreen Presbyterian Ministries, Inc. policies and procedures
- Implement behavioral and other programs as trained and requested
- Assist individuals served with their goals as outlined in their plan of care document(s)
- Identify potential behavior triggers and defuse or redirect as needed to ensure safety and well-being of all involved
- Provide individuals served transportation in company or personal vehicle as requested
- At least 18 years of age (non-driver) or 21 years of age (driver)
- Effectively read, write and communicate verbally in English and must be able to read and understand instructions, perform record-keeping and write reports
- Meet and maintain all requirements of the applicable state agency(ies), including good standing with state abuse and neglect registry
- Ability to learn basic computer skills (i.e. turn on/off, log in/out, input data, approve timesheet)
- Prior experience as a direct support worker preferred
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in field of Human Services, IDD/Waiver or Behavioral Health.
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds while assisting individuals served in home, workshop, or job site.
- Regularly assist individuals served physically by lifting and positioning them as appropriate
- Constantly alert and aware to consumer’s needs
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Represent Evergreen in public in a fashion that would reflect credibility and professionalism on the organization.
- Desire to work with people with disabilities and enhance their quality of life
- Function successfully in stressful situations
- Demonstrate high moral standards so as to be a positive role model for individuals served
- Complete all orientation and on the job training prior to starting work
- Work assigned shifts as required by management
- Attend all training classes as required
- Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- May be asked to work some evenings when required.
May be required to work in a variety of settings and environments both indoors and outdoors.