The Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab RN in our Cardiovascular Health and Wellness Center is responsible for case managing patients enrolled in the cardiac and/or pulmonary rehabilitation programs within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Major Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conducts initial assessment of patients and develops a treatment plan tailored to meet patient and program goals.
- Provides patient supervision and monitoring during exercise classes, adjusting exercise regimes and treatment plans as indicated.
- Communicates with other health care providers when needed to provide for a continuum of care.
- Provides home exercise guidelines and implements behavior change strategies to facilitate modifications in the patient's cardiac and pulmonary risk factor profile.
- Provides intervention for any type of medical emergency or trauma, including ACLS protocols.
- Responsible for documenting all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to, exercise reports, interventions, education, progress reports, physician correspondence and discharge planning.
- Provides discharge counseling and recommendations to the patient and family for continued optimal disease management.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
- + Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Three (3) years of nursing experience
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- Current Healthcare Provider ACLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
- + Master's degree in Nursing
- One (1) year experience in critical care, telemetry or cath lab
- One (1) year experience in cardiac rehab
- One (1) year experience in case managing patients