Performing as a Lead Surgery Tech-Cert facilitates effective communication, coordinates resource development, provides technical guidance, directs staff teaching and staff orientation, and coordinates materials management of specialty area(s).
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as described in the Surgical Tech-Cert job description.
- Serves as a resource for the charge nurse and MDs in managing the daily schedule including selection process of case carts and equipment, staff, duration of case, and other specialized needs of the surgery team.
- Serves as a role model and clinical resource, incorporating appropriate policies, procedures and use of equipment for all shifts.
- Serves as a resource and facilitator for specialty area with appropriate multi-disciplinary involvement in the provision of patient care.
- Identifies instrument, supply, and equipment needs within the specialty. Utilizes input from staff, MDs, and literature. Communicates needs effectively to the Clinical Manager and charge nurse.
- Contributes to budget development in specialty area.
- Directs and assists in cost control of supplies and equipment for their specialty(s).
- Assists in monitoring the maintenance of equipment. Assists in the creation, implementation, and monitoring of maintenance schedules appropriate to his/her specialty area.
- Develops and plans new services and/or programs and coordinates program implementation and evaluation.
- Assists preceptor in assessing and facilitating orientation of medical and unit staff on all shifts.
- Arranges / provides in-services to staff on new equipment / procedures and assists with the planning and implementation of educational programs for staff and patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- License, Certification, Education or Experience:
- REQUIRED for the position:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must be registered as a Surgical Technologist within the State of Washington
- Must maintain certification as related to LCC-ST guidelines.
- Must have Healthcare Provider CPR certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in specialty area.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and positive attitude in problem solving.
- 2 years experience as a Surgical Technologist in an Acute Care setting (May be waived at the discretion of the hiring manager).
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
- DESIRED for the position:
- National Certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST) through a recognized accrediting body.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), Local 21.