Facilities Technician II
- Expired: June 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Maintain the day-to-day operations and with the Director of Facilities guidance take responsibility for maintaining the conditions of Evergreen Goodwill stores, properties and equipment. Able to perform a wide variety of tasks with little or no direction. Basic skills in several aspects of maintenance including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical etc. Teamwork is an essential skill required for this position, each team member must be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Performs skilled crafts work in one or more specialties such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical and may be a project lead.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and a variety of works (plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, electrical) in building maintenance and repair of equipment; prioritizes schedules in partnership with Facilities Director.
- Constructs, rebuilds and repairs equipment and facilities such as store furniture and fixtures, pallet jacks, carts, compressors, timers, relays, equipment remotes etc.
- Performs complex tasks/ special assignments and trains others as needed.
- Performs routine electrical and plumbing repairs and maintenance including replacing ballasts and replacing faucets, toilets, urinals etc.
- Performs a variety of basic building maintenance including repairs to doors, drywall, roofs, downspouts and other facility needs.
- Maintains tools and equipment in safe, clean and proper working conditions.
- Demonstrates safe work practices through awareness and observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Maintains accurate and timely records related to materials, work orders and expense reports.
- Purchases tools, equipment and materials.
- Operate light trucks/ other vehicles and equipment: Work vans, forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, and towing equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Experience: 3 years minimum experience.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding and knowledge of general maintenance, carpentry, painting, refurbishing, plumbing, and electricity.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, roto hammers, drill presses and various hand and power tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and can work independently, be able to plan, organize and follow through on work.
- Must have valid driver's license. *WA State required within 90 days if out of state license.
Benefits and Perks:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance & other optional insurances
- Retirement Program with Employer Match available on first day
- Transit Rebate, Near Transit center & Light Rail
- Paid Personal and Professional Development
We believe in the potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives. We believe that education and training empower people to make those changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security and the experience of educational achievement. Because of our work, people are building their futures, families are strengthened, and our communities are enriched. Evergreen Goodwill is a non-profit organization founded in 1923. We currently operate give Job Training Centers, 24 retail stores and 30 donation sites in King, Snohomish, Skagit, Whatcom and Kitsap County. We employ over 1,500 people in our region.
700 Dearborn Pl SSeattle, WA
Real EstateView all jobs at Evergreen Goodwill