Who We Are
Evergreen Fire and Security is a recognized leader in the life safety and security solutions industry. We are entrusted by the Federal Government and commercial customers to protect lives, critical infrastructure, and information by providing and maintaining technically advanced and innovative fire alarm, access control, intrusion detection, CCTV, mass notification, and other critical protection systems.
The Key to Our Success
Our success is due in large part to the experience, skills, and expertise of the best and brightest employees in the industry. As we continue to grow, we are looking for additional qualified experts to join the Evergreen team. Think you have what it takes? Great! We welcome you to submit your qualifications for this great career opportunity at Evergreen Fire and Security.
This position will be responsible for providing IT and system support to the Technical Operations team at Evergreen Fire & Security. The System Admin (Cyber) will be responsible for configuring and maintaining workstations, servers, and network equipment in accordance with DoD and other government guidelines and approved lists. The System Admin will perform an array of duties to include test lab work, onsite activities, and documentation support.
- Possess a working knowledge of servers, workstations, and network equipment
- Designs and deploys secure networks
- Configure network equipment to include switches and routers
- Configure and spec CPU, memory, and disk partitions for servers and workstations as required;
- Deploy DoD baseline images to both new and existing computer hardware
- Perform Cybersecurity maintenance and sustainment activities consistent with Risk Management Framework (RMF) policy requirements to maintain an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Deploy current approved versions of Windows Server, Windows 10, and other Microsoft OS Software.
- Perform all cybersecurity hardening activities to include system patching, system updating, STIGs, and any other secure configuration requirements.
- Provide support to project teams to create and update documentation to include; System Descriptions, Network Diagrams, Dataflow Diagrams, Hardware Lists, Software Lists, Ports/Protocols/Services (PPS) Lists, and POA&M.
- Ability to learn and perform system pre-scans and post scans using NESSUS and SCAP/SCC.
- Utilizes DISA STIGs, the DISA SCAP tools, STIG Viewers to harden information security systems in accordance with contract requirements and complete applicable STIG Checklists
- Provides support to field technicians during maintenance and repair efforts as related to computer systems and network equipment;
- Ensures network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations;
- Problem solves and is willing to roll up sleeves to tackle any related issue;
- Performs system programming and troubleshooting. This includes programming a brand new standalone system, adding components to an existing system, or some combination of both.
- Works with peer groups to ensure collaborative partnerships by working together as it relates to the development, writing, and finalizing of submittals.
- Develops and modifies new and existing standards, processes and manuals.
- Supports system builds in PITCO in accordance with the approved system design to minimize onsite installation time.
- Handles administrative duties as needed to perform duties and complete projects.
- Ensures compliance with all State and Federal regulations as applicable to service, installation, and maintenance of systems.
- Effectively communicates all updates, ensuring unified expectations, to staff and customers.
- Handles all other duties as assigned within qualifications.
- IAT level II and or level III IAW DOD 8570.1-M
Great to Have
- Prior experience working on government contracts or military bases
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Up to 4% match available
- 100% vested from day one
- Healthcare flexible spending accounts
- Dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company sponsored group term life insurance
- Corporate perks program
- Opportunities to participate in voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, voluntary life insurance, disability insurance, long term care, hospital indemnity insurance, critical illness insurance, legal services, identity theft protection, and accident insurance
We also offer opportunities for training and advancement in a fast-paced, inclusive, and rewarding working environment. Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, or at www.evergreenfire.com.
Evergreen Fire & Security is a US government contractor with sensitive access requirements. As our employee, you must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. citizenship due to the level of access to sensitive information and/or restricted facilities.
No applicant for employment is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
Evergreen Fire and Security