Essential Job Duties
Launch and coordinate the successful, timely completion of jobs from proof approval to delivery. The secondary point of contact for customers and sales reps. Ensure accurate, efficient entry of jobs, releases and estimates. Be responsive to customer information requests.
Effectively plan a job from the conversion of an estimate, through the steps of production, to product shipment including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate artwork, proofs, structural samples, layouts, the ordering of dies, and plates, as needed, with Design and Pre-Press departments
- Verify correctness of job details, including layout, size, die location, sheet location, etc.
- Maintain effective communication between all necessary departments including, Design, Pre-Press, Printing/Die Cutting, Finishing, Shipping and Sales
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that ensure successful production planning processes.
- Projects and additional duties as directed by manager
- Point of contact for all customer information requests including proof and sample tracking, order status, production progress, shipment status, inventory levels and general account information
- System entries to manage customer orders, keep jobs updated and generally maintain the customer's account current.
- Coordinate and track shipments, inform customers of delivery ETA, proactively solving delivery problems
- Work with Design to fill proof and sample requests, and track die lines
- Interact with outside Sales Brokers, Sales Representatives, Production, Shipping, Accounting and other personnel as needed
- Document and update procedures as needed
- Sales Representative administrative support
- Receive customer calls, faxes, and e-mails when the Sales Rep is out of the office
- Help coordinate press checks between Sales Reps, Customers, and Scheduling
- Take cold calls and information from potential customers and talk to walk-in customers when sales reps are not available
- Put together sample packets and sales folders for prospective clients
Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent of two to five years printing/packaging related experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively to customers and employees
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic familiarity and experience with inventory and fulfillment systems
- Basic working knowledge of Hagen Business System
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Attention to detail a must
- Take the initiative to help others
Compensation is DOE.