C.R.P. LINE MACHINERY OPERATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
This position requires the operation of C.R.P. Line Machinery safely and efficiently. The Tray Former Operator sets up (“Make-Ready”), adjusts, and operates the C.R.P. Line Machinery to fold and glue packaging materials to the correct specifications. Efficiency goals are to reduce carton waste, rework and produce quality folding cartons.
· Set-Up (Make-Ready) and operate C.R.P. Line Machinery, and case packing machines.
· Read and understand the order job ticket before make-ready.
· Regularly check carton quality, batch count and case pack.
· Complete job orders and check final production count against orders.
· Perform operator level machine repairs and maintenance as needed.
· Comply with all safety and quality procedures.
· Responsible for following all safety procedures as prescribed by the Company.
· Ensure the following actions are taken with regard to safety:
· Identify in a proactive manner possible safety issues and taking actions to prevent problems and accidents.
· Responsible for the quality control points within the scope of the position.
· Responsible for reporting any food safety or quality-related problems to a member of the supervision or management team.
· Maintains work areas throughout the shift to GMP Standards.
· Read and understand instructions from job jacket.
· Perform proper Line Clearance.
· Verify corrugated case requirements and availability.
· Verify EG Item number and carton ID with job jacket
· Reference Signed Sample from job jacket to ensure proper adhesive application.
· Verify case/bag or pallet counts.
· Obtain Approval and begin packing process.
· Pull random samples and inspect for defects report to machine operator if defects are found.
· Report defects to the Finishing Manager / QC Supervisor
· High school diploma/GED
· 3 plus years of experience as a Folder Gluer/Finishing Operator in a manufacturing folding carton plant.
Experience setting up and operating gluing machines, case packers and performing operator level maintenance.