- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Can You Answer Yes to the Following Questions? If So, We Want to Hear From You!
- Do you have 4+ years of Chemical Engineering or Biochemical Engineering experience from the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry?
- Are you knowledgeable in the design and set up of fermentation and related systems?
- Have you worked in the food, beverage, or pharmaceutical industry?
- Do you have experience in downstream processing, lab experience, and pilot and commercial scale systems?
- Are you familiar with method validation, biosafety, and standards?
About the Company:
This is your opportunity to showcase your expertise in a revolutionary start-up modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join a team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. This bioprocessing/fermentation process uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
The parent company is an innovative biotech disruptor with a mission is to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make everyday products. Also using NASA-inspired technology that uses microbes to transform CO2 into protein, high-value oils, nutrients, and bio-based products.
We are seeking a hardworking, determined, and highly-technical Process Engineer to join a growing team of talented individuals. The successful candidate will be aiding in the implementation of a systematic and reliable scale-up criteria, which will help reach the organization’s vision of scaling the delivery of manufacturing process design.
The Process Engineer will work to improve the processes & process control understanding, minimize development time, and increase the reliance on fundamental scientific & engineering principles to make decisions and analyze risks. In addition, we want you to help us improve the confidence in our ability to scale processes.
- Combine technical knowledge of existing products and processes in order to guide project opportunities.
- List the process variables, parameters, and material attributes associated with; design and control of processes, unit operations, various operating principles & equipment types common to food processing, solid/semi-solid oral dosage form pharmaceuticals, and any potential future businesses (examples below)
- Provide guidance on scale-up rules and considerations for these operations and associated equipment types, including but not limited to; reasonable range of scalability (extent of change in batch size/volume/throughput rate applicable from information at any particular scale), necessity for empirical data (i.e. pilot plant) vs. use of material properties & models, etc.
- Define dimensionless/scale-invariant numbers/groups for each unit operation or equipment type to be used for process design & development, such as; the design of experiments used to determine criticality of process parameters, and strategies to control critical quality attributes (CQAs) of process outputs & final products.
- Support engineers with technical project execution, plant production trials and product evaluations.
- Guide cross-functional teams on executing technical projects and developing root cause analysis / corrective actions for ongoing manufacturing issues, using established project management and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Implement process improvements and validate that success criteria have been met.
- Provide equipment recommendations and methods to optimize operations.
- Prepare written processing requirements/specifications and standards for new and revised processes to meet product specifications.
- Prepare process design criteria documents.
- Assist with conducting process training seminars with supervisors and operators and developing standard operating procedures.
- Support best practice sharing across supply chain networks.
- Optimize unit processes and operations, in which multiple unit operations and transport phenomena can be executed by a single piece of equipment: · Granulation (mixing, drying, phase/pressure/temperature changes), Extrusion (high temperature/short time cooking, conveying, kneading/mixing, heating, cooling, forming).
Everest Management Solutions