Sr. Data Analyst
- $90,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
- Improve results for the Senior Management on the mission by supporting risk, fraud, marketing, address profiles, products, services, and functionality in terms of data analytics.
- Overcome storage, performance, and large data set challenges by performing ETL processes to lead statistical analysis of the data and to create more value from data by adding different data-sets and sources.
- Improve use case implementation and reporting through data modeling and design.
- Ability to grasp, document, and articulate revenue assurance and fraud analysis pertaining to customers. Additionally, possess the skills to create reports for both Directors and field personnel, which hold potential for legal action against criminals.
- Proficiency in SAS, Oracle, Teradata, Excel, and database analytics is a prerequisite.
- Capability to write intricate SQL queries for report generation.
- The aptitude to craft visually captivating presentations using elements such as (graphics, graphs, clipart, MS Visio diagrams, and MS PowerPoint).
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborates autonomously with users to formulate concepts while operating under the guidance of project managers.
- Act as the intermediary linking the customer community (both internal and external customers) with the software development team, facilitating the seamless flow of requirements.
- Formulates requirement specifications in accordance with established templates, employing natural language as and when required.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the data sources, and the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Assigned responsibilities will encompass assisting in the QA process and contributing to the development of training materials.
- Applicants should either hold U.S. citizenship or possess the authorization to work full-time in the United States for any employer.
- Should be capable of obtaining a public trust clearance from the US government.
- Strong proficiency in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills is a prerequisite for this role.
- Requires on-site presence in Washington DC with the client, at least 2-3 days a week.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or science-related field or related experience.
- The Sr. Data Analyst must have minimum of 6+ years of professional experience analyzing data needs, business needs, performing data analysis and performing ETL against a multitude of data sources and platforms, business analytics, proposing business solutions, and generating reports.
- Must have 5+ years’ business and technical analysis experience in a client-facing role with the ability to use PowerPoint, excel, and other graphical tools such as Qlik, PowerBI, Tableau or Microstrategy to report to upper management the results of the analysis.
- Must be proficient and at an advanced level in SAS, Teradata, and Oracle ETL processes and reporting.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and web applications is useful including Jason, XML and web services.
- Must understand data modeling data entities and data communication and processing.
- Complete ad hoc report requests from business stakeholders leveraging necessary Business Intelligence (Bl) tools.
- Must have strong skills with Excel, SAS, SQL queries, functions, procedures, views.
- Must understand relational databases; past database development and data analysis experience is needed.
- Must have served as a data analyst in 3-5 projects in the past as a team member and in a lead capacity on at least one project.
- Must have prior customer support experience to be able to work with customers and explain the reports and decisions and trends to them.
- Must be able to solve problems and help modelers with the right type of cleaned data.
- Good interpersonal skills are also required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in the related field is a plus.
- Prior experience of working with Teradata or other data warehouse databases is a plus.
- Big data experience is a huge plus.
- Understanding supply chain management communication and business transactions is a big plus.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN:
Collaborative & Inclusive Culture: Our client’s colleagues work in small, self-organized and cross-functional teams that determine the best tactics to support the vision and strategy set by leadership. They encourage and welcome all ideas, taking an agile approach to creating an amazing product.
Design Thinking for Innovation: With focus on their colleague’s growth, they have developed a Learning Management System (LMS) that trains all colleagues on Design Thinking for Innovation, Security, BI & Analytics, and the business they are about to support. More trainings are added every year.
Recognition & Awards: Their Colleagues are recognized for their innovative problem solving, goodwill, candor with respect and excellence. We also give out spot bonuses besides the yearly performance bonus.
Workplace: While their headquarters is in Sterling, Virginia, and our largest client in Washington DC (on-site), their team lives across the globe. They partner with their team to help them achieve personal and professional alignment, helping their colleagues to define their own blend of work-life balance.
Office Perks: Colleagues that work out of one of their main offices enjoy beverages, snacks, lunches, and happy hour benefits.
Vacation & Holiday Schedule: They believe this is a partnership and they trust their colleagues to build their own time-off schedule and encourage their teams to take time for their well-being while minimizing impacts to Client’s deliverables.
Growth Opportunity: Through hands-on learning and development, the opportunities are endless.
Focus on Well-Being: They pride themselves on offering numerous benefit options to best fit the needs of our colleagues and their families, including domestic partners. Benefits include medical (PPO & HDHP-HSA), dental, vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefit, discount programs, life & disability insurance, and accident insurance. They also offer a 401k program with company match and paid parental leave.
Live your Passion: The client encourages and promotes monetary and personnel involvement in the causes around the globe. They believe in their Value of Goodwill, and work to find new ways to give back to their communities and make a positive impact. They focus on initiatives in the following areas - technology, charity, volunteerism, and honorary contributions.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
EverSource Solutions LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
EverSource Solutions LLCWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.