The Speech Therapist is responsible for the day-to-day care coordination of each client receiving services from EverHome Healthcare. A critical component of the care manager’s role is to demonstrate the company’s culture of compassion, accountability and results by displaying the highest standards of clinical integrity, superb follow through and consistency, and exceptional customer service and client satisfaction. The Speech Therapist works as the team leader with a team comprised of the care companions, medical director and rehabilitation professionals to assure that all of the clients needs are being addressed and expertly met.
** This will be Per-Diem Work
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Speech Language Pathology required
- Home health or hospice experience preferred
- Experience with geriatrics and disabled adults required
- Registered as a Speech/Language Pathologist
- Current CPR
- Current drivers license in good standing in the State of Washington
- Current auto insurance coverage
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Physical Demand Level: Light
- Lift / Carry 20 pounds occasionally and 10 pounds frequently
As required, must be able to:
- Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
- Push and Pull
- Perform fine motor functions
- Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, and ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions for this job, but do not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The Director may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Develops, implements and evaluates comprehensive speech pathology plan of treatment/plan of care in collaboration with physician and client or caregiver following Agency guidelines.
- Provides therapeutic intervention and training for the purpose of improving functional communication ability following physician orders.
- Recommends equipment to improve function and independence in communication.
- Instructs and assists staff and family members in certain phases of speech pathology.
- Observes, records and reports the client's reaction to treatment and any changes in their condition.
- Maintains and documents communication with physician and other health care professionals to assure continuity of care.
- Submits required documentation in a accurate and timely manner following Agency policies and procedures.
- Communicates and coordinates work schedules with the scheduler and CID staff, as appropriate, to ensure continuity of client care.
- Attends and actively participates in case conference with other disciplines to provide for ongoing care planning.
- Attends other meetings as required.
- Performs duties within productivity standards.
- Performs weekend and on-call duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Environment Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee does not work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, endure outdoor weather conditions and/or endure extreme cold or heat (non-weather).
- Noise Level - The noise level in the employee's work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Job Type: Part-time