Manager Shared Services/Lead Accountant
- Expired: November 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHAT WILL MY NEXT CAREER AS AN ACCOUNTANT LOOK LIKE?
Your next career will be highlighted by taking the lead to:
- Oversee daily operations to support the accounting activities of the Cooperative
- Focus on month-end valuation and accounting reports
- Mentor, develop and support the bookkeeping team; providing direct supervisor
- Collaborate and reports to the Division Director-Financial & Credit Services and helps assist with accounting audits
- Help identify process improvements, creative ways to improve efficiencies and make the accounting systems more effective
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
As a member of our full-time team, you will be eligible for several benefits, including.
- 4 Medical Plan Options; including Health Savings Account eligibility
- Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Group Life Insurance and other voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive 401k Company Match with Immediate Vesting
- Employee Discounts
- Leadership Training and Development opportunities
- Opportunities for career growth
WHO WILL I BE WORKING FOR?
You will be working for a company rooted in the cooperative world, with history dating back to 1933, operating in the divisions of Agronomy, Energy, Animal Health and Farm Supplies. EverGRO Cooperative is built on the relationships we grow with our customers, without their support, business, and loyalty we would not be the successful Coop we are today!
EverGRO fosters an environment founded on the following values.
- Trust: we provide dependable & reliable services
- Quality Products: we offer a variety of reputable products
- Superior Customer Service: we strive to provide options & solutions to our customer's challenges
- Growth & Development: we value the talent within our team & encourage their growth both professionally and personally
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
This position will be tasked with the following key objectives:
- Fully understand and execute a variety of general accounting tasks, including, inventory entries and tracking, cash/credit receipts, accounts receivable billings, cost of goods sold calculations, bank reconciliations and financial analysis by department/cost center/branch
- Work alongside the Division Director-Financial & Credit Services on activities and entries to the General Ledger
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, as deemed necessary and provide leadership month-end financial statement reporting for review
- Must demonstrate strong understanding and ability to use EverGRO's Merchant Ag system, along with using Microsoft products, such as Excel and Word to communicate and create documents to help summarize and analyze financial information
- Understand and be aware of the cooperative divisions as it relates to providing them support for month end valuations and inventory calculations
- Assist with IT challenges and questions related to the cooperative's systems working with the Merchant Ag IT representatives on issues involving the accounting functionality
Some positions will have the following work environment qualities:
- The work environment will vary based on location. Essential job functions are primarily performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment, however they may also be performed in a warehouse environment that is subject to seasonal temperatures and humidity, and outdoors unprotected from weather conditions.
WHAT IS EverGRO LOOKING FOR?
No matter the position, OMC we will always be looking for candidates that are:
For this role, we are looking for talent that can bring to the table the following.
- Requires an Associate's Degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- At least five (5) years of experience in a professional working environment in an accounting or financial position, preferably within the agriculture industry
- A valid Driver's License
- Previous experience leading/managing a team is preferred, but willing to train and develop the right person
- A passion and enthusiasm to work with our cooperative customers to help improve and overcome any challenges related to their needs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A knack for relationship building and problem-solving
- A desire to learn, grow and work as a cross-functional team member with other divisions within EverGRO
WHERE DO I BEGIN?
The first step is to complete our online application. We also encourage each applicant to attach a current resume. Your application will be reviewed by a member of our leadership team. If you look to be a good fit for the opportunity, you will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
We also encourage everyone to learn a bit more about us by visiting our website at, www.evergrofs.com.
EverGRO Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion, or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, functions and skills required for this job. Functions and requirements may change at any time with or without notice. This job description is a summary of essential job functions necessary for the satisfactory performance of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job functions may vary by location.
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Accounting Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.