Ever Fresh Fruit Company is a 2nd generation family-owned food processor located in an idyllic setting just east of Portland, Oregon. We are led by our core values and mission and are committed to our customers, employees, and community.
Come join the Ever Fresh Team where we consistently provide both outstanding service and unsurpassed flexibility. Our in-house Product Development Team innovates on the cutting edge while our Operations Team delivers with a focus on food safety and quality. We measure our success based on food safety, quality, and service.
Be part of a team that is aligned in its mission, dedicated to its core values, and serves each other as well as our community.
Benefits: We offer employer paid medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance. Vacation, sick and holiday pay, gym membership discount, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match.
Job Summary: Provides strategic planning and support to supervisors, leads, and frontline workers. Develops and executes overall strategy in coordination with executive leadership. Accountable for product quality, employee safety, delivery, controllable costs, and employee morale. The successful person in this position will be completely committed to the success of both the Formulated and Apple Production facilities. They will leverage leadership, experience, patience, and resolve to improve the operation and the lives of its team members.
- Accountable for the safe work practices of team members and the safe condition of the facility.
- Accountable for the quality and food safety of the plant’s output.
- Accountable for the controllable aspects of delivery of product on time and in full to the customer.
- Accountable for yield, throughput, production efficiency, labor efficiency, and other metrics which drive controllable costs.
- Accountable for the overall morale of the Formulated and Apple Production team members.
- Accountable for team member adherence to GMPs, good safety policies, and safety policies.
- Accountable for team member adherence to BOLI guidelines limiting allowable working hours.
- Responsible for creating and/or maintaining standard work, daily accountability, and the visual factory.
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities in the Department.
- Ensure that internal employee development training tracking mechanisms are aligned with the Employee Development Specialist.
- Responsible for creating development plans for Supervisors and Leads.
- Responsible for conducting performance reviews of Supervisors.
- Responsible for having a full understanding of appropriate MRP/ERP functions.
- Accountable for condition of the maintenance and sanitation of all equipment, building, and grounds associated with the Formulated and Apple Production facilities.
- Responsible for promoting safety, and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Perform some duties of Production Supervisor in their absence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA) from four-year college or university, five or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Business, engineering, or food/agricultural science highly preferred.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is a plus, but not necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and to create procedures.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve abstract or strategic problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited information exists.
- Ability to make and justify timely decisions when the answer isn’t readily apparent.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and some understanding of MRP.
Working Conditions/Physical Factors:
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. Temperatures below 20 degrees and above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- Exposure to a loud working environment, hearing protection is mandatory.
- Exposure to hazards in the work place such as proximity to equipment conducting extreme heat, moving parts, and electrical current, eye protection and bump caps are required in designated areas.
- Must be able to work in environment containing allergens (sulfites, nuts, milk, wheat, etc.). Use of a respirator for up to 13 hours is mandatory, although this requirement is infrequent.
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally required to use hands and fingers.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to taste and smell.
- Frequently required to lift/push/pull/carry weight up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
Other Duties as Assigned:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Ever Fresh Fruit Co