Job Description: The requirements of this position include providing engineering support and direction for the Ever Cat Fuels, LLC biodiesel production facility. General tasks associated with this position are: overseeing the operation of the plant from an engineering standpoint according to the established procedures and guidelines, recommending and designing changes to current plant components when necessary, developing schematics when required for new plant additions, monitoring and maintaining the plant control systems, keeping daily engineering records, and communicating effectively to upper management. Strong problem solving, organization and communication skills are required.
Specific Duties - The specific job duties associated with this position are as follows:
1. Assure that the Ever Cat Fuels Production Plant operates efficiently, safely and at the targeted production levels.
2. Responsible for complying with all applicable company standards.
3. Operate the Plant in accordance with ECF’s Operating Procedures and Policies.
4. Assist in maintaining/troubleshooting operating equipment at the Processing Plant.
5. Ensure machinery and equipment in the Processing Plant remains in good working order to optimize plant productivity and efficiencies.
6. Engineer and obtain price quotes for equipment repairs and/or new process design projects as directed by upper management.
7. Handle and/or supervise the handling of any hazardous materials in strict accordance with company safety procedures.
8. Communicate maintenance issues to the maintenance manager, plant manager, and upper management at Ever Cat Fuels.
9. Communicate daily to upper management regarding general operations, special project status updates and tasks performed.
10. Remotely supervise the plant operations as required.
11. Oversee the performance and perform analytical laboratory testing as required.
12. Keep detailed daily records of the amount of feedstock used and amount of biodiesel produced, and communicate those numbers to the Plant Manager and upper management.
13. Perform other items as directed by supervisors and/or upper management.
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering. A person with a chemical/mechanical engineering background with good electrical skills would be highly preferred.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to plan and organize
• Proven ability to design, manage and implement technical projects
• Familiarity with Auto Cad and/or other design software
• Self-starter, motivated and a team-player
**Starting salary will depend on experience and qualifications