We are seeking a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner NP to become a part of our team! You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team.
- Provide primary-care services in accordance with Eventus WholeHealth site-specific protocols and consistent with the standard of care for the specialty of family medicine, geriatric medicine, and/or internal medicine as it pertains to long term care facility work. Perform other duties and activities as appropriate and/or assigned by Eventus WholeHealth Management as pertains to providing quality or timely medical care and or administrative duties with regards to managing facility relationships, organization, billing and credentialing of facility patients.
- Review and sign MAR’s as requested by facilities, sign all orders specific for Primary Care while at the facility and/or within 24 hours if faxed or emailed to include phone orders, DME orders, Death Certificates, Plans of Care, PT/OT orders, hospice orders as appropriate, and other orders as is relevant and appropriate to the facility patient care needs and Eventus WholeHealth. Review and address labs within 24 hours of them being sent to you. Manage all narcotic prescriptions specific to your facility’s patients and as per Eventus WholeHealth Narcotic Rx Policy. Provide facility with adequate time each visit to allow for paperwork administrative duties.
- Provide on-call triage duties as per the on-call triage protocol policy. Triage Policies and on-call duties and scheduling will be modified as needed and all providers are expected to adhere to the newest agreed upon triage schedule. Eventus WholeHealth triage policies will be based upon a majority vote of all involved Eventus WholeHealth providers.
- Complete documentation and submit billing records to Eventus WholeHealth according to the published policies on charting and bill sheet submission and provide the facility with a hard copy of the electronic documentation within 48 hours of service for inclusion in the patient’s facility medical record.
- Establish and maintain open and positive communications with facility staff and administration. Provide verbal and/or written instruction or feedback regarding medications and other pertinent caregiver information. Meet with RCC or designated facility care coordinator equivalent prior to the start of your patient care visits each day and prior to leaving facility each day.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to Eventus WholeHealth standards, policies and procedures. Be aware of and adhere to all legal and regulatory agencies' rules and guidelines and professional ethical standards. Comply with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times, this includes avoiding gossip, avoiding negative comments about other staff or competitors, maintaining appropriate interpersonal boundaries and avoiding dual relationships (this includes refraining from offering medical or psychotherapy services to facility staff or family members, avoiding accepting gifts from patients, etc.), and observing appropriate professional attire when on duty.
- Perform other duties and activities as appropriate and/or assigned by Eventus WholeHealth Management.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times including appropriate use of Cell phone, emails text messaging, patient charts and EMR. Agrees to abide by and be knowledgable of HIPPAA rules and regulations
- Consult with the clinical supervisor before refusing a resident, family, or facility request or recommendation regarding the care of a resident.
- Masters degree in Nursing from an accredited educational institution and a current and valid license to practice medicine issued by the Indiana Medical Board. All other certification necessary to perform one’s duties must be current and valid, required.
- Have graduated from a physician assistant educational program that is accredited by a National Commission on Accreditation of Allied Education Programs.
- Have passed the national certification examination of the National Commission on Accreditation of Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Licensed by the state of Indiana as a Physician Assistant.
- Specialization in geriatric, family, or psychiatry desired.
- Knowledge of theory, practice, and regulations to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of bodies governing health care.
- Knowledge of organization’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work
- Skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic and emotional patient data.
- Skill in accurately evaluating patient problems and providing appropriate advice, intervention or referral.
- Skill in documenting clinical services
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment and discretion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to make responsible decisions within the scope of a dependent medical practitioner.
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- This position may require travel and overnight stays. Flexibility of scheduling required. Requires standing, sitting and walking. Lifting and carrying. working under stress at times, and ability to travel to facility locations and be in a car for extended periods of time.
Eventus WholeHealth was founded in 2014 to provide physician-led healthcare services for residents and patients of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. With our highly-trained team of physicians, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychotherapists, podiatrists, optometrists, audiologists, and support staff, our comprehensive, evidence-based model provides collaborative interdisciplinary care with the seamless and vital integration of a wide range of specialties. Our differentiated approach not only empowers the facilities to reach their own goals and objectives but also ensures better patient outcomes. For more information, please visit www.eventuswholehealth.com"
Eventus WholeHealth"ABOUT EVENTUS WHOLEHEALTH" Eventus WholeHealth was founded in 2014 to provide physician-led healthcare services for residents and patients of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. With our highly-trained team of physicians, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychotherapists, podiatrists, optometrists, audiologists, and support staff, our comprehensive, evidence-based model provides collaborative interdisciplinary care with the seamless and vital integration of a wide range of specialties. Our differentiated approach not only empowers the facilities to reach their own goals and objectives but also ensures better patient outcomes. For more information, please visit www.eventuswholehealth.com"