IBM Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Euronet Worldwide (NASDAQ:EEFT) is a global industry leader in processing secure financial transactions.
The IBM Power Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting in the management and support of a small 24x7 global development environment. The position reports to the IBM Power Systems Manager and is based in Little Rock, Arkansas.
IBM Power Systems is a hardware environment capable of hosting AIX, IBM i, VIOS, and Linux partitions. IBM i partition administration will be required as part of the position duties. The environment includes IBM Hardware Management Console, IBM Storwize SAN, Brocade SAN switch, and LTO tape library appliances. The position also assists in the support of these appliances. The management and support responsibilities of the position encompass assisting with hardware and software updates, version and fix maintenance, security remediation, performance monitoring, backup and recovery operations, basic user assistance, problem troubleshooting, and insuring resource availability.
An individual with the preferred skills is ideal, however, the right candidate with proven capacity to absorb technical concepts and detail will be given consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with hardware installation and upgrades.
- Install and upgrade partition operating system and related software as required.
- Apply scheduled system software maintenance and security fixes.
- Regularly review security reports and remediate to corporate security standards as instructed.
- Perform system configuration changes as directed.
- Assist with partition performance analysis, tuning, and capacity planning when needed.
- Perform regularly scheduled system and appliance backups.
- Restore / recover objects from backups as requested.
- Assist in periodic disaster recovery testing.
- Assist with recovery operations in case of infrastructure destruction or failure.
- Proactively monitor and work incoming tasks and incidents logged into the support ticketing system.
- Research and resolve system related user issues in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and maintain partitions and appliances to ensure maximum resource availability.
- Provide updates and reports for compliance reporting.
- Be available for on call and occasional weekend duties.
- IT related undergraduate degree or related experience preferred.
- Aptitude for absorbing and retaining technical concepts and detail.
- Self-motivated and team minded.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to perform tasks with minimal direction.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Commitment to quality customer service.
- Ability to identify and suggest technological improvements / best practices.
- Must be able to move / lift a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Must have good hand / eye coordination
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- May be required to crouch, kneel, stoop and bend
- May be required to work extended hours
- IBM i Administrator (7.x) experience highly preferred
- IBM Power Systems partition management experience
- IBM SAN
- AIX or LINUX administration experience could be a plus
An opportunity to work at a growing and technology focused company. Euronet Worldwide Inc. offers a generous benefit package including Health, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement and life insurance. We are a progressive, growth-oriented company looking for talented individuals to help us reach our goals.
Search Firm Disclosure:
Please be aware Euronet Worldwide, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Euronet Worldwide, Inc. via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Euronet Worldwide Inc. will be deemed the sole property of Euronet Worldwide Inc. and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Euronet Worldwide Inc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Euronet Worldwide, Inc.
AddressLittle Rock, AR
TechnologyView all jobs at Euronet Worldwide, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?