Senior HR Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Head of HR - Americas is responsible for the management of the HR function in an office of 170 employees. The role also provides support and guidance on HR and Payroll matters to the Office Managers in our Sao Paulo, Santiago and Mexico City offices. Directly managing a team of 6 which comprises of an HR Generalist, HR Administrator, 3 Recruiters and Receptionist.
The Head of HR Americas provides focused and professional HR advice to management and staff within the Chicago office, ensuring that Company policies and procedures are adhered to, and Global HR Initiatives driven and adopted.
The role is also responsible for the Management of the smooth running of the Chicago office which would include, but would not be limited to, the line management of one Receptionist.
- Apply HR knowledge to business decisions ensuring HR are seen to support the business by introducing initiatives which drive productivity and employee engagement
- Advise Managers and employees on the terms and policies of employment
- Manage all complex employee relations issues
- Provide accurate first line advice to Managers and employees on all people issues
- Manage local succession planning
- Drive alignment between HR practice and the goals of the business
- Work with Senior Managers to support all change management initiatives
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation
- Manage Exit Interviews and review leaving trends
- Manage sickness absence
Payroll, Compensation and Benefits
- Ownership of the entire US payroll process ensuring that all staff are paid correctly and on time twice a month
- Ownership of all employee data on our HRIS, ensuring that data is accurate at all times
- Management, negotiation and renewal of all benefits programs
- Provide first line advice on existing benefits
- Continually review and put forward recommendations to our evolving benefits options
- Check and approve the monthly payroll for our Santiago, Mexico City and Sao Paulo offices
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure all written materials are within the required legal requirements
- Monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Managers in implementing policies throughout the office.
- Ensure that sound advice and guidance is provided to all levels of management on all matters affecting the smooth running of the office and the employment of staff to ensure that employment legislation is not contravened.
Learning and Development
Working closely with the L&D Manager, Americas:
- Ensure training needs of current staff are identified through the appraisal process and encompassed in the TNA
- Ensure managers are articulating future skills needs to the L&D Team
- Support the design and delivery of HR related local training initiatives
- Ensure new starters are engaged in the induction programs on The Loop
- Provide regular feedback to the Global Director of L&D on the impact of training and future training needs for the Region.
Alongside the TA Team Lead Americas:
- Continually review the recruitment needs of the office
- Continually explore new and alternative avenues to maximize the candidate pool
- Ensure all live vacancies are appropriately advertised
- Attend interviews for senior recruits in the office
- Oversee all VISA applications for all employees relocating to the US
- Ensure all staff have eligibility to work.
Managing the Receptionist, oversee and be responsible for:
- Liaising with building management on all matters related to the office
- Workplace safety management including fire regulations, first aid etc
- Serve as central point of contact for real estate matters
- Manage reception
- Manage office and kitchen supplies, including all related suppliers
- Assist with travel bookings as appropriate
- Co-organise office functions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized, methodical and flexible
- Ability to work individually or in a team
- High level of attention to detail
- The ability to ensure confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Commercial Awareness
- Business Acumen
- People Skills the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Sound negotiation skills
- 6+ years HR experience
- Professional HR Qualification preferred
Why work for Euromonitor?
We act with integrity
We are curious about the world
We are stronger together
We seek to empower
We find strength in diversity
International: not only do we have a very multinational workforce in each office but we are all dealing with our 15 offices worldwide on a daily basis. With 15 offices globally there are regular opportunities for international transfer.
Hardworking but sociable: our staff know how to work hard but also how to enjoy themselves! We pride ourselves on creating an appropriate work-life balance, with flexible hours and regular socialising including frequent after work meet ups, summer and Christmas parties and a whole range of sports and other groups to be involved with.
Committed to making a difference: We think that people are looking for something worthwhile in a company beyond the workplace. Our extensive Corporate Social Responsibility Programme gives each member of staff two volunteering days a year in addition to holidays. It sees us reaching out into the local community with our mentoring, group volunteering, and fundraising initiatives as well as supporting international charities through our website sales, matching staff sponsorship fundraising, and carbon offsetting all our flights, amongst many other activities.
Excellent benefits: we offer highly competitive salaries, enhanced healthcare and pensions, plus generous holiday allowances and in many offices a Core Hours policy allowing flexible start and finish times to each day.
Opportunities to grow: we offer extensive training and development opportunities at all levels. The vast majority of our managers and directors have been promoted from within and many have moved across departments as well as upwards. We pride ourselves on identifying and rewarding talent.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:Euromonitor International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
BusinessView all jobs at Euromonitor