We are searching for an Assistant Director to assist in the day-to-day administrative function and marketing activities.
- Ideally the candidate should have event planning, incentive travel or DMC experience.
- This is a varied and exciting role and requires a unique skill set.
- The role would suit a senior project manager who is looking to take their career to the next level.
- The role is home based or wherever the incumbent wishes to base themselves, however they should have the capacity to print documentation and have access to fast broadband in an environment conducive to multiple and frequent conference calls.
- As the association is global, the candidate needs to liaise with service providers and vendors in multiple countries around the world.
- Flexibility regarding office hours is therefore a prerequisite.
- Supports the Director Americas to develop effective internal and external communications, creating content and collateral and the production thereof.
- Assists with the various marketing efforts of the association including maintenance of the association website, preparing marketing material, image sourcing, article writing and regular social media posts on relevant platforms.
- Assists in preparation of promotional activities such as: sales blitzes, workshops, etc.
- Supports the Director Americas and represents the Association at tradeshows, events, award evenings and the Association’ AGM. Organizes Association presence at industry trade shows (e.g. AGM, IMEX & IBTM), including recruitment of hosted buyer programs, travelling with and hosting them; organization of the Association events; liaison with suppliers and vendors; preparation of registration tools and compilation of rooming lists.
- Updates the client (CRM) database on a continuous basis by inputting and approving data collected through monthly mailing lists and/or with updates provided by members.
- Collects and shares relevant marketing intelligence and research in order to keep membership well informed and the database up to date. Formats content, organizes user-friendly data with summaries of contacts, mailing lists etc.
- Responds to various member queries and liaises with the Executive Director on specific queries.
- Process RFPs - requests for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- At least 5 years project management, association management or event management experience.
- Educated to degree level.
- Be a highly organized person with attention to detail.
- Be comfortable with multi-tasking during the working day.
- Excellent customer service skills - the candidate will be the front line of the association to its members and clients and needs to display a professional appearance in both presentation and actions.
- Marketing, digital marketing and a good understanding of social media is advantageous.
- Experience working with databases either custom made or SAAS is beneficial.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently.
- Language skills are an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- A high level of proficiency in the Microsoft office suite, especially PowerPoint & Excel.
- An excellent package is available for the successful candidate and will be commensurate with their abilities and achievements.
- The successful candidate will be paid as a sub-contractor and will be responsible for their own costs, tax declarations, pension contributions etc.
- All business-related travel will be remunerated at cost.
- The candidate should be ready to start the role in August 2019.
All applications will be reviewed and will be treated in the strictest confidence.