Laboratory Team Leader
- Posted: 25 days ago
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
The Laboratory Team Leader would be someone with minimal experience working in a scientific lab but a background or desire to lead.
- Ensure optimal staffing within the department and proper deployment of employees
- Ensure optimal service with in the laboratory and support to other departments
- Initiate projects and obtain support for this within the organization
- Share ‘new’ knowledge or developments in the field with team members
- Provide support at lab audits
- Work hands-on together with the team
- Provide technical leadership and serve as the technical resource for all Laboratory Assistants with regards to the performance and interpretation of new and ongoing assays.
- Review clinical protocols and lead the development of manual processing instructions for studies and provide technical guidance to Eurofins Project Management group as well as sponsor as needed.
- Work with IT and Data Management in priming studies.
- Work with the Management to develop SOPs, method validations, workflow processes, data review, reporting templates, and QC processes.
- Train Laboratory Assistants on various equipment and manual processes, proper QC/PT
- Manage timely release of lab testing result reports and corrected reports.
- Oversee execution of result and data cleanings for release of corrected reports.
- Conduct laboratory testing according to established protocols of assigned department.
- Ensure the prompt, efficient and accurate performance of laboratory test results.
- Process specimens according to established protocols.
- Provide support of all laboratory functions including inventory of reagents, stocking of reagents, general housecleaning, and safety.
- Comply with requirements of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Train other Laboratory Assistants and personnel.
- Assist in performing competency assessments of other Laboratory Assistants and personnel.
- Assist manager in ensuring training files are complete and up to date.
- Assist manager in ensuring competency assessments are performed according to established protocols and up to date on all laboratory employees.
- Assist manager in making sure that all QC data is acceptable and Laboratory Assistants are following established QC protocols.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Minimum, Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology or Medical Technology
- Certification by ASCP, NCA, or AMT preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in clinical or research laboratory
- A desire and apptitude to lead within a laboratory environment
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins USA BioPharma Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?