Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
With over 25 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO's, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for an Operations Support Technician to work in Columbia, MO.
Operations Support Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Uses appropriate software applications to track receipt, storage, use, expiration, disposal, return, and/or archiving of test materials.
- Receives, creates IDs, logs-in, and stores materials upon receipt.
- Moves or transfers materials from one department to another. Checks materials in and out as requested by study personnel. Maintains proper paperwork.
- Returns, disposes of, or archives materials at study finalization.
- Notifies supervisor of any issues with condition of the samples, labeling, or other problems.
- Ensures all current SOPs, Good Laboratory Practices, Current Good Manufacturing Processes (CGMP), and/or relevant regulations (USDA, DOT, EPA, MDNR, OSHA, FDA, etc.) for quarantined matrices; genetically altered crops, and all materials/samples are followed.
- Maintains accurate and legible required documentation.
- Performs routine tasks for calibration of balances.
- Assists in unloading trucks and storing materials appropriately.
- Depending on area of assignment, performs routine homogenization on radioactive and non-radioactive matrices using various equipment including but not limited to the hammermill, Robot Coupes, miter saw, Straub Grinding Mill, etc.
- Depending on area of assignment, may perform total radioactive residue analyses.
- Depending on area of assignment, may perform regular culturing tasks such as feeding organisms, recording keeping, and cleaning.
- Depending on area of assignment, may maintain, monitor, and otherwise assist with dilution equipment and preparation.
- Depending on area of assignment, handles regulated materials (quarantined matrices, DEA-controlled, and radiolabeled materials, etc.), potential biohazard materials, and toxic chemicals according to company procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College lab classes or familiarity with lab environment preferred.
- Depending on area of assignment, previous farm/gardening background/experience preferred.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is temporary with full-time hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with overtime as needed. Estimated dates of employment - three to six months, with the possibility of an extension.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.