Property Manager - Affordable Division
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Eureka Multifamily Group is currently seeking an affordable Property Manager with HUD and Tax Credit knowledge/experience. The Property Manager maintains and oversees operations of property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating, and enforcing leases, and maintaining and securing premises. They also ensure the property is effectively maintained within budgeted parameters and that any projects stay in compliance with applicable regulations, including Section 42, HUD 4350, the property specific LURA and/or any state and federal regulations governing the project.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collecting rent and other property fees from tenants and individual owners.
- Paying property expenses, including but not limited to insurance premiums and maintenance costs.
- Reporting the property's financial status, occupancy and expiring leases to business leadership.
- Meeting potential tenants, showing them the property and assessing their applications in accordance with anti-discrimination laws.
- Advertising vacant properties and hiring and training property staff.
- Inspecting properties and arranging for repairs and new materials as required.
- Arranging contracts for maintenance, trash removal, landscaping, security and other ongoing services and managing disputes with these service providers where appropriate.
- Investigating and resolving property complaints and rental violations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensure that property records are accurately maintained (lease and general files) and ensure that all lease files are maintained in a secured area and located behind two locked doors for security.
- Complete all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inspect property regularly to ensure that it is well maintained and has good curb appeal.
- Supervise outside contractors working on the property.
- Distribute petty cash funds and request reimbursement not to exceed amount determined by supervisor.
- Process purchase orders as goods and services are ordered on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that apartments are cleaned and made-ready after move-outs.
- Review prior year Management and Occupancy Report to ensure deficiencies have been corrected on HUD governed properties.
- Lease to households that meet the assigned property’s income restrictions, rental criteria and when applicable HUD guidelines.
- Ensure that all application paperwork is completed and complies with the requirements of the project’s Program(s). All files require manager signature.
- Review and update as necessary the Unit Status Report in comparison to tenant lease files to ensure information accuracy.
- Oversee and maintain all new lease and lease renewal practices according to HUD/CA/TC guidelines inclusive of the certification and verification process; Process annual recertification and tenant notification documentation at 120, 90, and 60-day increments; Process interims as required if assigned to a HUD governed property.
- Ensure property maintains its applicable fractions and set aside requirements identified in the property LURA if assigned to a Tax Credit property.
- Perform supportive service as outlined in the property’s LURA and maintain proper documentation; Assist as needed with the planning and implementation of social services programs. Programs should be coordinated with the Social Service Provider. Maintain Supportive Service Binder.
- Assist the Regional Property Manager in audit preparations and ensure on-site compliance on all corrections.
- Handle recordkeeping and reporting responsibilities in accordance with HUD/TC/ADHP/HOME/Bond regulations
- Handle notices, legal filings and evictions as required by HUD/TC/ADHP/HOME/Bond regulations.
- Oversee and audit transmission of paperwork for the completion of vouchers for subsidy if assigned to a HUD governed property.
- Maintain all resident files per HUD/TC/ADHP/HOME/Bond guidelines.
- Oversee REAC/UPCS inspections including preparation for and corrections to deficiencies noted on findings report.
- Maintain waiting and transfer lists per HUD/CA/TC guidelines.
- Prepare for, respond to and oversee corrections needed to meet requirements of all Management Reviews if assigned to a HUD governed property.
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable Housing; Strong knowledge of Tax Credit/AHDP/HOME/Bond policies for Tax Credit/AHDP/HOME/Bond properties.
- Should have thorough and current knowledge of the most recent version of the 4350.
- Must have COS and TCS certifications.
- Knowledge of HUD Secure Systems; TRACS, IMAX, EIV on a HUD governed property.
- Should have excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents, community staff and HUD administrator/State Monitoring Agency.
- Should possess a take charge personality with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines with little to no supervision and work well under pressure.
- Exceptional communication skills are a must to work closely with county officials and act as a liaison between the community and local government.
- Detail oriented and able to compose letters, memos, etc.
- Should possess strong organizational skills in addition to strong computer background and have general administrative experience, and be able to comply with policies and Procedures.
- Bookkeeping experience.
- Experience in both general marketing and affirmative marketing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- At least 2 years of affordable housing property management experience.
- Prefer COS certification on a HUD governed property.
- Ability to supervise a staff of 2 or more
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited College or University preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a supervisor capacity.
- Bilingual is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Eureka Multifamily Group
Real EstateView all jobs at Eureka Multifamily Group