Assistant Property Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Eureka Multifamily Group is currently seeking a Assistant Property Manager. The Assistant Manager works closely with the Property Manager in overseeing the daily site operations and achieving the financial goals of the property. The Assistant Manager assists with personnel, marketing and leasing, collections, resident retention and customer service, community maintenance, contracted services, community safety. The Assistant Manager assists the Community Manager in completing administrative tasks including site accounting and report preparation, processing accounts payable, processing bank deposits, posting rent and preforming other administrative functions. The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Community Manager and assists with leasing staff oversight. The Assistant Manager acts as Community Manager in his/her absence.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in supervising, motivating, training and scheduling office staff. Cross-trains office staff to increase employee abilities to handle several functions within their discipline.
- Develops strategies for resident retention and delivers exceptional customer service in order to achieve the resident turnover goals of the community.
- Assists with on-going leasing and marketing efforts and lease renewal programs.
- Contributes to overall occupancy goals by handling telephone inquiries, touring prospective residents, showing “sharp” apartments, closing the sale by obtaining an application and deposit, qualifying applicants according to site criteria, and completing all required paperwork.
- Assist with conducting regular site and apartment inspections to ensure the property meets established site standards for curb appeal, safety and cleanliness.
- Assist with collecting and maintaining current market information including monitoring competitor amenities, pricing and specials. Assists in creating and implementing innovative marketing and advertising plans and strategies to counteract changes in market conditions and remain competitive in the market.
- Completes administrative and accounting reports, performs other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned by Community Manager including posting rent, making bank deposits, handling resident account inquiries and security deposits refunds, processing accounts payable invoices, placing orders for supplies and performing duties related to month end closing.
- Assists Community Manager with resident relations issues and on-site emergencies as they arise.
- Participates in all mandatory training programs
- Complies with the company policies and procedures. Promotes and ensures compliance with Fair Housing Laws and other industry-related federal, state and local laws.
- Adheres to all company and site policies and procedures according to the employee handbook, and Eureka safety policies.
- Updates residents records as necessary
- Assists in maintain the physical appearance of the community by picking up grounds, performing minor apartment cleaning and touch-up, and ensuring the common areas are clean and neat.
- Responsible for reporting to work on time as scheduled and complying with dress code.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate and maintain good relationships with office employees. Residents and site employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with persons of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Proficiency in customer service and sales
- Strong bookkeeping, problem –solving and analytical abilities.
- Good verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience Required
- High School diploma, GED. Or additional equivalent experience.
- A minimum of one year experience as an assistant property manager
- Prior experience in customer service or sales position.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands of the job described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee normally works primarily in a temperature-controlled indoor environment, but may occasionally work in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Eureka Multifamily Group
Real EstateView all jobs at Eureka Multifamily Group